Piliers de conception
In designing Ashes of Creation, we adhere every detail to five main pillars: Engaging and Immersive Story, a Reactive World, Player Interaction, Player Agency, and Risk vs Reward. Even in the environment, everything you as the player do will tie into these pillars, while everything your guild does, everything your server does will ultimately keep the world fresh, ever-changing, and most importantly... exciting.
Historique de la page
Ashes of Creation is a unique take on the MMO experience. Our world structure is dynamic and built to react to the actions of our players. Cities will rise and fall, their populations based on the history of the world as the players create it. Quests will unlock as these populations gather, their needs grow, and secrets are unlocked. As the world’s NPC structure is established in real time, players will have the ability to destroy what they’ve created, paving the way for new development, new populations, and real change. Political strife and intrigue will play a very real role in the structure of your world. Gone are the days of static worlds, change is here to stay.
When it comes to how MMO’s have been traditionally designed, most gamers are familiar with two distinct types of gameplay loops: the “theme park”, and the “sandbox”. The vast majority of MMO’s we’ve all seen come and go in the gaming industry have been of the theme park variety – these games put the player onto a specific path, guiding them along, with plenty of pretty sights in between the same old quest hubs, very little in divergent paths, virtually no freedom in player progression. Recently the MMO genre has seen some games of the sandbox nature come onto the scene, but despite the ultimate freedom the sandbox affords players, many are left wanting more, as there is by definition no pre built world content, no human touch, just the vastness of the “sand” for lack of a better term. Thus many MMO players often find themselves caught between the repetitive rock of the theme park or the vast dead spaces of the sandbox’s hard place. This chasm between the state of MMO gameplay loops is where we intend to inject Ashes of Creation’s Node system.
In order for sandbox mechanics to mean something, there must be curated content to accompany the player’s choices. Which means, as the developers, we must create that Themebox style content but for every possible path the community may take. – Steven Sharif
- Eve Online pour son économie gérée par région et risk vs reward pour le système de caravanes.
- ArcheAge pour le système de construction, le système de caravanes et de combats navals.
- Lineage II pour les sièges de forteresses, le système de flagging, le PvP en monde ouvert et le développement de guilde.
- Star Wars Galaxies pour le système d'artisanat.
Lorsque l'on s'interroge sur ce qui a été fait avant, on regarde toujours qui a fait quoi le mieux et on essaie de s'en inspirer: Faire avancer le genre; mettre les choses au goût du jour. – Jeffrey Bard
Part of the whole experience with nodes is that there is no real end-game, in that the world is constantly shifting every day. Month one is going to be really different from month two; and that's for the level 50s and level 1s. – Jeffrey Bard
We want the game to be a living game, which means that all content should be relevant at all times. I’d say that we try to make as little distinction between the leveling up experience and the end game experience as possible. The whole journey is important to us, in order to maximize the fun people have during different stages of the game. – Sarah Flanagan
Histoire engageante et immersive
Topics that reflect the past and the present of Verra.
- Classes, Archétypes, Rôles
- Races, Religions
- Compétences, Augmentation
- Histoire et traditions, Arcs Narratifs
- Jeu de rôle, Animations sociales
- Carte du monde, Points d'intérêt, Climat
- Environnements, Underrealm, Sous-marin
Topics that describe how the world of Verra evolves based on player activity.
- Nœuds, Types de Nœuds, Node stages, Zone d'influence
- Économie, Player businesses, Auction houses
- Classes artisanales, Collecte, Traitement, Artisanat
- Quêtes, Evénements, Tâches
- Navale, Combat naval, Navires
- Bosses d'extérieur, Pièces de Monstres
- Environnements destructibles
Ashes of Creation will be a living, breathing, reactive world. Your actions will shape the Zones of Influence, leveling Nodes to form massive Cities, and create the story of the world that everyone experiences. – Margaret Krohn
Game systems and mechanics that foster player interaction.
- Donjons, Raids, Combat
- Guildes, Salles de guilde, Forteresses de guilde, Châteaux de guilde
- Dynamique de groupe, Pillage
- Organisations sociales
- Jeux de salon
We decided to focus on mechanics that bring the idea of community to the forefront. To get people to interact with each other meaningfully – not just to conquer a raid boss, or to get some coin from a faceless auction house, but to maybe save a city. A city that all the local residents had a stake in. A city that the players had spent weeks or months developing; the defense of that city, the attack on that city! Or building a world together as a community choosing our own fate with our friends. We believe that’s going to be a story far more memorable and far more meaningful to players than just about anything we can come up with.
Agence de joueur
Systems that grow and shape player experiences in the game.
- Armes, Armure
- Progression, Nivellement
- Logement, Logement de noeud, Appartements, Propriété privée
- Supports, Mules, Dragons
- Créateur de personnages, Gear appearance
- Cosmétiques, Apparences, Costumes, Accessories
- Inventaire, Consumables
We will have a lot of content that is available, but those will be behind doors that are accessible through agency on behalf of the community. In a traditional sense, no we are not a theme-park, however we will probably have more content than a theme-park does, traditionally. Just because, in order for those choices to be meaningful, there must be meaningful content behind the door you choose. – Steven Sharif
Risque contre récompense
Activities that reward daring adventurers and foster meaningful conflict.
- World PvP, Caravanes, Guerres de guilde
- Sièges de Nœuds, Siège de Château
- Corruption de joueur, Chasseurs de primes
- Réalisations, Leader boards, Parc des trophées
- Exploration, Chasse au Trésor
- Stock exchange (sharemarket)
The risk versus reward relationship, when, say for instance, you've dedicated time towards building a node and other players have dedicated that equivalent time towards sieging the node, there's going to be a pitched battle between those players... They spend that time doing this because they care passionately about having access to that content. – Steven Sharif
- Direct, 2017-05-03 (11:33).
- Direct, 2021-01-29 (46:48).
- Ashes of Creation MMO.
- A reactive world - Nodes.
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Entrevue, 2018-08-24 (8:35).
- Vidéo, 2018-04-05 (40:08).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Dillias diary.
- Direct, 2018-02-09 (33:50).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Direct, 2018-01-18 (16:34).
- Direct, 2018-02-09 (4:42).
- Vidéo, 2018-02-24 (0:01s).
- Ashes of Creation - A new Beginning.
- Direct, 2019-09-27 (50:01).
- Direct, 8 April 2018 (AM) (27:26).
- Vidéo, 2017-07-16 (0:01).
- Direct, 2017-05-22 (38:44).