Pièces de Monstres
- During a Monster Coin Event, players will be able to activate Monster Coins, allowing them to become monsters and wreak havoc! These Events can be triggered in a variety of different ways, and in some cases they may even provide cosmetic rewards.
- They are structured in a way to prevent groups from gaming the system.
- Monster coin events are triggered by activity in the world, such as node advancement, defeating a boss or constructing certain types of buildings within a node.
- Server messages appear for players in the vicinity of these dynamic events.
- The player will have a number of potential objectives they can choose to attack during the event. This may include node buildings, points-of-interest, dungeon, NPC, or other open-world objective.
- When you're playing as a as a monster from the monster coin use as part of an NPC event that might be targeting a node, or other some other open-world objective or POI, or dungeon, you get to participate as a monster and your focus is completing objectives that have already been prescribed as part of the event. – Steven Sharif
- Drop tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.
- Monster coins only allow a character to participate in events on their own server.
- NPC hate lists do not affect monster coin events.
- Traditionally, the Ancients are not going to be part of the Monster Coin system. These are the primary antagonists of the story. From a lore perspective, and one of the reasons why they're not a part of the Monster Coin system, is because their souls have really developed almost to the point of perfection in manipulating the Essence for more corrupt uses. They haven't quite gotten there, and who knows if they ever will, but that attunes them out of the possibility: The reason why the monster coin system is possible with other creatures. – Steven Sharif
Use of monster coins
- Pièces de Monstres are only usable during monster coin events.
- Two different monster coins can not be used on the same monster player during the same event.
- Some events have monsters that can be taken over by multiple players.
- If no players participate in a monster event, the monsters will be run by AI.
- Citizens of a Nœud are not eligible to control monsters attacking that node.
We are very well aware that systems if they can be gamed they will be gamed and we're making sure to develop the monster coin system so that there is no potential for gaming there. – Steven Sharif
Obtaining monster coins
Pièces de Monstres are obtainable from:
Impact of monster events
Monster coin events (Bosses) cannot destroy or delevel nodes. They can disable certain buildings, services and PNJs within a node. Sièges de Nœuds are the chief mechanic for destroying nodes.
- Monster coin events do not occur before sieges.
- Monster coin events do not occur during sieges.
- Destruction of certain buildings during a monster coin event could have local, regional, or even global economic impacts.
- For example, if the service building that got disabled was a blacksmith's building that housed a workbench, which was the only workbench in the region capable of crafting a t5 (or tier 5), or high-tier quality equipment, then of course that would have ramifications economically, as those pieces of equipment that are already readily available would raise in prices; and because there would be a issue within the supply chain of those items being introduced into the economy, you would potentially have some supply and demand changes economically and that could span regions: that could be global even. – Steven Sharif
Rewards from monster coin events
- Cosmétiques are the only rewards available to players from monster coin events.
- Cosmetic rewards resemble the creature that was being controlled.
- Monster coins are not tradeable.
Monster coin progression
- In Ashes of Creation a large portion of world events revolve around the environment reacting to the player. This means that as players are exploring the world and developing civilization around them the environment is responding to this encroachment by spawning dynamic events and creatures to attack those developing cities. These events occur in 3 different types: the Legion level the Elite level and the Epic level. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Will World bosses like the like Tumok take part in the NPC sieges on nodes and will players be able to use a monster coin to play as one of those world bosses in an event?
- A: That is the intent, is that we will have varying quality of monster coins available creatures like Tumok may participate in certain atrophy events or other types of events; and if you have the very rare and legendary type of monster coin that's available to be used on a creature type like Tumok then yes, you could inhabit him. That's the intent of the system. – Steven Sharif
Legion monster events
Legion monster coin events are common events that occur for Nœuds up to the Village stage. This might include a horde of zombies rolling across the countryside finding something or someone to feast on. Players who wish to keep their advancements will need to be vigilant.
Elite monster events
Elite monster coin events occur for nodes that exist between the Village and Métropole stages. This level of event would include something along the lines of a dungeon level bosses and mobs coming into the world to pillage and destroy specific centers of activity.
Epic monster events
Epic monster coin events are of truly fitting proportions. These events occur randomly in the world as well as in realms where nodes have advanced to the Ville and Métropole stages of development. This would be a legendary boss awoken from their long and deep slumber: A mighty dragon perhaps, whose sole purpose is to plunder to punish those who have summoned his malice and hate.
- Sièges de château.
- Sièges de noeud.
- Apparitions de Bosses d'extérieur légendaires.
- Évènement de pièce de monstre.
- Opportunités de donjons.
- Les noeuds au niveau d'Expédition (organiser 1) et Encampment (organiser 2) seront annoncés à proximité.
- Les Village (organiser 3) auront une annonce dans toute la région.
- Les Town (organiser 4) et plus élévés seront sans doutes annoncés dans le monde entier.
Que ce soit un siège ou un évènement déclenché contre une ville, ou même une opportunité unique pour un donjon... Ce genre de choses impliqueront des notifications. Surtout pour les citoyens de la ville, qui seront informés d'un évènement imminent, pour leur donner assez de temps. – Steven Sharif
- Types of Events on Verra.
- Direct, 2022-07-29 (1:20:24).
- Vidéo, 2017-05-25 (0:02).
- IGN: Ashes of Creation first look: An MMO that lets you be the boss.
- Direct, 2023-06-30 (1:50:52).
- Direct, 2022-04-29 (39:00).
- Direct, 2017-05-26 (22:19).
- Direct, 2017-05-03 (36:25).
- Direct, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- Direct, 2021-06-25 (1:36:05).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (47:12).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (51:22).
- Kickstarter packages.
- Direct, 2017-05-26 (22:14).
- Direct, 2017-05-24 (22:30).
- Direct, 2022-04-29 (1:07:20).
- Direct, 2017-05-03 (31:46).
- Direct, 4 Mai 2018 (48:14).
- Entrevue, 17 Août 2018 (24:48).
- Direct, 30 Avril 2021 (1:01:10).
- Direct, 30 Octobre 2020 (1:01:00).