Events are things that happen in Ashes of Creation as the result of development in the world. They can take the form of quests, pop-up triggered quests or other story lines that happen throughout the world. Events are public quests that are scaled to fit local, regional, and global needs.
- Events that are taken care of successfully have positive consequences.
- Events that reach a fail condition have negative consequences, such as natural disasters.
- There may be one-off events.
- If events don't occur within a certain time period, they could occur randomly.
Events are where you’ll find your public quests, though these will be scaled to fit local, regional, and global needs. They’ll also have consequences locally, regionally, and globally, for good (if they’re taken care of successfully) or for ill (if a fail condition is reached).
Events... can be local, regional or global, and consist of boons or banes. They’re triggered based on a lot of different variables, and some may be one-off Events that occur once, and never again. If an Event is handled successfully, then something good happens to the local, regional, or global area. If it fails, then something bad befalls the local, regional or global area. They’ll relate to the overall Narrative, but don’t fall into its overall structure (for the most part). These are the things that will be written into history, and we imagine that as time grows, each server’s history will diverge more and more.
Harbingers that exist on Verra as dungeons are where The Ancients are capable of pushing into the material plane. They can continue to do so under the guise of the effects of corruption as it spreads. There are events that lead to the spreading of corruption that players will have to fight back against. When these events that occur players will need to participate to keep the intrusion on the material plane back.
- 1 Event types
- 2 Server prime-time
- 3 Cinematic events
- 4 Contenu adaptatif
- 5 Seasonal events
- 6 Announcements/Notifications
- 7 Pièces de Monstres
- 8 Castle regions
- 9 GM run events
- 10 Player driven narrative
- 11 Mobile/web interface
- 12 Voir également
- 13 Les références
Objective-based events such as Sièges de Nœuds, Siège de Château, Guerres de guilde, and Guerres de Nœud will occur within a prime-time window somewhere between 3PM and 9PM server time. This is subject to testing.
Des nouveaux points d'intérêt (tel que des donjons et des Bosses d'extérieur) apparaissent à mesure que les Nœuds avancent. Le contenu s'adapte au développement de la zone dans lequel il se trouve.
- Les Populations changeront.
- La difficulté du contenu changera.
- Le contenu lui-même peut être complètement différent, selon ce qui est développé et comment.
- Différents types d'adversaires avec différentes histoires.
- Certains donjons ne se déverrouilleront que si les nœuds sont développés jusqu'à certaines étapes.
- Les objectifs d'histoires pour les joueurs à l'intérieur d'un donjon dépendront des chemins narratifs choisis à travers le système de nœud.
- Les Tables de butins dans les zones et dans les donjons seront liées à la progression dans certaines zones.
Certains donjons et autres points d'intérêt sur la carte vont être affectés par le développement des nœuds sur le serveur. Certains donjons ne seront déverrouillés que si les nœuds sont développés jusqu'à certaines étapes. Les objectifs d'histoires pour les joueurs à l'intérieur d'un donjon dépendront des chemins narratifs choisis à travers le système de nœud. Les Tables de butins dans les zones et dans les donjons seront liées à la progression dans certaines zones. Par exemple, admettons que les humains aient développé un nœud dans la Région A, et une histoire s'est ouverte et dirige les joueurs pour qu'ils inspectent les ruines (donjon) d'une zone proche. Et admettons que ce nœud se soit développé en tant que nœud scientifique (artisanat)… Eh bien avant que ce nœud ait été développé, ce donjon était accessible… Mais maintenant le donjon a propagé des nouveaux objets et monstres qui incluent des tables de butin qui répondront à des besoins d'artisanat grâce au développement de ce nœud scientifique. Et peut être qu'un nouveau boss apparaîtra dans différentes pièces du donjon qui inclura des différents départs de quêtes et d'aventures, comme un objet mystérieux avec une histoire propre qui ne peut être avancée que si un nœud s'est développé jusqu'au statut de métropole dans certaines régions, à travers la planète. Notre système est tellement vaste, quand il s'agit d'interconnectivité et de la manière dont le monde réagit aux joueurs.
Seasonal events (holidays) in Ashes of Creation are not a direct parallel with real world events. Instead, there will be in-game lore behind seasonal events that can relate to the real-world in some way.
For example, this upcoming cosmetic bundle that's going to be available during the time of Halloween won't necessarily be pumpkins and candy corn type of cosmetics, but instead will be a bit darker. That way it can still be relevant to real world. And then additionally it may be possible as we localize and culturalize for other territories that we have the same philosophy with region-specific events. – Steven Sharif
- A winter dragon may appear because a node has developed to stage 4. That dragon may bring eternal winter until it is killed.
- Siège de Château.
- Sièges de Nœuds.
- Légendaire world boss spawns.
- Monster coin events.
- Dungeon opportunities.
Whether it be like a siege or a triggered event against a city or like a unique dungeon opportunity... those types of things are going to involve notifications. Especially to the citizens of the city; where you'll be informed of an impending event. Basically it will give you time. – Steven Sharif
Pièces de Monstres
Sometimes the disturbed beings could take the form of packs of dire wolves, hordes of zombies roused from their graveyard, or even, rarely, an epic-tier dragon flying out of a volcano once a node reaches its maximum level. In any case, the disturbed monsters have to tackle a series of destructive objectives, which can either be handled by the the AI or, more interestingly, by a player. The player in turn would attempt to complete all those actions much as in a multi-objective quest, hopefully before other players brought him or her down.
- They are structured in a way to prevent groups from gaming the system.
- Monster coin events are triggered by activity in the world, such as node advancement, defeating a boss or constructing certain types of buildings within a node.
- Server messages appear for players in the vicinity of these dynamic events.
- Drop tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.
- The Ancients are not going to be part of the monster coin system.
Traditionally, the Ancients are not going to be part of the Monster Coin system. These are the primary antagonists of the story. From a lore perspective, and one of the reasons why they're not a part of the Monster Coin system, is because their souls have really developed almost to the point of perfection in manipulating the Essence for more corrupt uses. They haven't quite gotten there, and who knows if they ever will, but that kind of attunes them out of the possibility: The reason why the monster coin system is possible with other creatures. – Steven Sharif
Monster coin progression
In Ashes of Creation a large portion of world events revolve around the environment reacting to the player. This means that as players are exploring the world and developing civilization around them the environment is responding to this encroachment by spawning dynamic events and creatures to attack those developing cities. These events occur in 3 different types: the Legion level the Elite level and the Epic level.
- The tier of the monster coin dictates how powerful the monster is.
- A castle's region is 1/5th the game world.
- Castle regions, Economic regions, and Node ZI (Zones of Influence) can overlap.
- Castle region boundaries are static.
- Castle taxes are carried via NPC generated caravans from the nodes that fall under the castle's purview to one of the castle nodes at the end of each week leading up to a castle siege.
- In addition to taxes, Castles also influence crop yields, resources and events within its region.
- Part of the tax and resources gathered are applied to the castle for improvements.
- The remainder of tax income can be used by the guild for whatever they want.
- When castles change hands (following a siege), some taxes stay with the castle and some stay with the guild.
GM run events
Player driven narrative
The world of Verra will be the same on each server, but Nœuds will develop differently. Different servers will have different narratives. Things that happen on one server may not happen on another.
We want as many people as possible to experience the main server Narrative. These will branch at different scales, but largely at the personal level. Where things change is at the Node level – different parts of the story will be unlocked based on where and when Nodes grow. Unlocking a part of the story in a certain way locks out progression of the story in a different way. You’ll see different antagonists, different NPCs, and different calls to action depending on what’s happening with the server at that time.
It kind of redefines what the players will experience in an MMORPG to come into a wilderness that is devoid of really any structure outside of what the community creates themselves; and then what can be created can be changed, if they want to experience a storyline that's been seen on another server, but you know you're fighting a dragon because you're near a mountain and the other server's fighting a Kraken because they're near the coast and you want to fight that Kraken because of its drop table. If you want to meta it or because you just want that under your belt: to be the server first to take out that Kraken and you have yet to develop the node there, you know it's incumbent upon you to manifest that in the game. – Steven Sharif
Nous allons garder la trace de l'histoire du monde afin de pouvoir raconter aux gens le récit jusqu'à ce jour. Un tout nouveau joueur, qui arrive après six mois, peut jeter un œil à chaque serveur, ce que chaque serveur a réalisé, comment le serveur a abordé l'intrigue ; et ils peuvent décider par eux-mêmes quelle communauté ils veulent rejoindre, à quelle version du monde ils veulent prendre part. – Jeffrey Bard
- Historique de la page of narrative events and when they occurred.
- Locations and last known quantity of gatherable resources.
- Locations and inhabitants of new dungeons or POIs (points of Interest) that have spawned.
- Runic power stones for armor.
- Common armor and weapon recipes (level 25 and under).
There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- Légendaire equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
At each stage from Gatherer to Processor to Crafter you are required to have certain prerequisites before those elite types of materials can be essentially gathered, processed, or crafted. – Steven Sharif
- Gatherers must have high quality tools to gather rare resources.
- Processors must have high tier processing buildings on their freehold to produce rare materials.
- Crafters must also satisfy certain prerequisites to craft legendary equipment.
The amount of effort needed and interdependencies across the different types of players – between raiders and PvPers and crafters and even role players and the taverns and businesses: the processors and gatherers – all of those systems will likely have a component that lends toward creating or crafting that legendary item... We want to stay away from the highly RNGd system, and instead take our multiple progression paths that we are offering the players and put the construction components for achieving these legendary items within them so it encourages communities to work together because it's going to be difficult for just one person by themselves to gather everything. Not to say that they couldn't in an economic sense, by buying those components, that's possible. But achieving them from a time investment standpoint we want it to be considerably less RNG focussed. – Steven Sharif
There are absolutely legendary items and they're not items that are attained easily nor are they granted out in a volume. There might even be items that are single items that will exist on the server at any given time.
It will be a very ornate and detailed weapon, more so than any other weapon or piece of equipment in the game. It will also include some awesome looking effects that won't too gaudy, you know they won't be too bright and shiny so that it doesn't look good, but they will be subtle and people will notice it and know wow that guy has this weapon. – Steven Sharif
Legendary items are not intended to be temporary.
The fact there is only one of them... or very very few of them depending on what it is. I think that in and of itself is a balance component right and you need to make sure that the players who are striving for those legendary things and who are devoting the time energy, resources in order to achieve them are accurately rewarded... We do not intend on having legendary items that are temporary. – Steven Sharif
- Crop rotations.
- Étals de joueur (Kiosks).
- Mayoral duties.
- Pay taxes.
- Fishing (potentially).
- Jeux de salon (Tavern games).
- World event notifications.
- Node citizenship notifications.
- Habitation de joueur notifications.
- Guild leadership tools such as calendar notifications is a possible feature.
- Specific dates that you can have running as reminders in your guild UI, this will also be something that I would like to be available on the mobile companion app as well. So essentially you can receive notifications via a calendar update on guild events that the leaders or the officers have the ability to pin within the game will also give you notifications on the mobile app as well. That's my intention at least. – Steven Sharif
Some of it may come post-launch... but we do want people to interact with the game on their phones when they're away from the computer; and we're going to do as much as we can to make that cool. – Jeffrey Bard
- Direct, 2017-05-03 (46:18).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Direct, 2020-01-30 (1:32:12).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 13 April 2017.
- Direct, 2020-11-08 (12:47).
- Direct, 2017-05-05 (40:36).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-29 (31:05).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-18 (13:13).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-08 (22:37).
- Direct, 2018-09-27 (43:21).
- Direct, 2017-11-17 (36:22).
- Direct, 2017-11-17 (18:29).
- Entrevue, 2018-10-20 (7:31).
- Direct, 2017-05-08 (20:27).
- Direct, 2018-05-04 (48:14).
- Entrevue, 2018-08-17 (24:48).
- Direct, 2020-10-30 (1:01:00).
- Vidéo, 2017-05-25 (0:02).
- IGN: Ashes of Creation first look: An MMO that lets you be the boss.
- Direct, 2017-05-26 (22:19).
- Direct, 2017-05-03 (36:25).
- Direct, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (47:12).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (51:22).
- Direct, 2017-05-03 (31:46).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Direct, 2020-08-28 (1:39:02).
- Direct, 2018-06-04 (22:27).
- Direct, 2017-05-19 (37:03).
- Direct, 2017-05-22 (28:02).
- Entrevue, 2018-04-20 (9:20).
- Blog: Know Your Nodes - Scientific Node Type
- Entrevue, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- Direct, 8 April 2018 (PM) (55:49).
- Direct, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Direct, 2017-05-19 (44:18).
- Direct, 2017-05-15 (38:08).
- Direct, 2018-07-09 (25:34).
- Direct, 8 April 2018 (PM) (51:49).
- Direct, 2018-01-18 (30:18).
- Direct, 2017-11-17 (11:00).
- Direct, 2018-05-04 (54:09).
- Direct, 2017-05-09 (28:57).
- Direct, 2017-11-17 (9:49).
- Direct, 2017-11-17 (11:53).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (52:50).