Pets, Montures, Armure, Bâtiments and Accessoires sold in the cosmetic store are skins.
- Skins are cosmetic items that do not grant the user any benefit.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Mount skins require a specific type of mount to have been achieved in-game.
- The flavor text next to store items relates to the lore and background of creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Caravan skins change the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The best skins will be in-game achievable.
The best skins will be in-game achievable (obviously “best” is subjective, so I’d say the most ornate and detailed/unique). – Steven Sharif
Cosmétiques provide a wide array of customization in Ashes of Creation.
- There are no pay-to-win gameplay benefits from any purchasable items.
- All skin cosmetic items are cosmetic items only and do not grant the user any other benefit. The lore text is flavor text, and background of the creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Types of cosmetics:
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means. Cosmetics achievable in-game will be on-par, and in the case of legendary skins, even more elaborate than shop items.
- I want to make sure that equitable cosmetics both from a quantity and quality standpoint are achievable through in-game achievements. Time, effort should let you be happy with what you can accomplish. – Steven Sharif
- In my opinion quality of cash shop cosmetics should be equal to in game achievable cosmetics, but offer a diverse selection of unique looks. – Steven Sharif
- There will be legendary cosmetics that are only achievable in-game that will never be offered in the cosmetic shop.
- The most grand looking cosmetics will be from in-game achievment only. – Steven Sharif
- There will not be recolors or material swaps on the monthly cosmetics as a means to populate in-game achievements.
- There will be variants of the monthly cosmetics for PNJs and Monstres.
- Component pieces of cosmetic armor may be reused in other in-game achievable gear sets.
- From an armor standpoint, we cut armor sets up into many different pieces. These pieces can sometimes be used as part of other sets, that may include helmets, wrists, gloves etc. So while you will not see an achievable white version of the corvid castigator set in the game for example, you may see its shoulder piece used in another set, or its leggings, or wrist piece used in another set (not every piece as to form the whole set, but perhaps a couple pieces). This would be difficult to notice at first glance, due to the material, texture and color variation used, but this modular approach to content creation makes achieving a wide variety of looks achievable for an MMORPG of our size. – Steven Sharif
- Different variants of store purchased cosmetic creatures (Pets and Montures) may exist in the wild.
- While the exact same skin will not be available again in the future once it's gone from the Shop, these skins are all variants of creatures that you can expect to see across Verra - so perhaps you will find one with a similar style in-game! – Sarah Flanagan
- Cosmétiques can be used by all races but there may be slight variations to make them work with the body builds of each race.
- There will not be mascot looking/furry cosmetics.
- It's important to remember, Ashes is a NO-BOX COST subscription only game, with an optional cosmetic marketplace. This achieves a few things from a monetization model. Having a lower barrier to entry for players to try the game when they don't have to fork out $60 for the box price is good, our box price is 0$. This also places an emphasis on the game's retention and our continual updates and content creation to keep players playing and staying subscribed (a put your money where your mouth is sort of philosophy for us as a company). It also means players don't have to spend $60 every time there is an expansion. – Steven Sharif
- Is there an answer that satisfies everyone? Nope. And that's ok. We are open and transparent with our philosophies and business model. You know what you are getting with Ashes and to me, given my experiences in other games, it is a nice breath of fresh air. – Steven Sharif
- Costume and pet cosmetics don't have a level restriction. Building, ship, caravan and mount cosmetics require an in-game item to be obtained first to apply the cosmetic.
- I know there have been quite a few questions regarding cosmetics over the years. As we get further along in development, we'll be providing more specific information regarding what specific buildings, items, etc., you can place each cosmetic on. We'll update this for all past items. – Margaret Krohn
- Cosmétiques are not tradeable with other players but can be reassigned to other characters (alts) within the same account.
Ashes of Creation jouira d'un réalisme graphique plus poussé tous les autres MMO occidentaux. Ce ne sera ni trop stylisé ni "cartoon".
- Tous les éléments artistiques de Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale ont été réalisé par Intrepid Studios.
On arrive à se rapprocher un peu plus du réalisme au niveau des graphismes, notamment grâce à l'Unreal Engine 4... Je voulais éviter le cartoon. Je ne suis d'ailleur pas un grand fan des jeux trop stylisés. – Steven Sharif
Some cosmetics can be obtained in-game:
Succès may unlock some cosmetics.
Not all cosmetics are obtainable through in-game means. These will be purchasable through the cosmetic store.
Cash shop cosmetics will be limited in quantity, limited in time for purchase. They will be unique, but you will also have extremely difficult to gain cosmetics in game as well as unique cosmetics that look great and better... There will be a lot of cosmetics that are achievable in the game because that is a very fun aspect of MMO play. – Steven Sharif
The Magasin cosmétique enables players to purchase Cosmétiques for use in Ashes of Creation. The cosmetic store offers limited time, limited quantity items to help sustain game development.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Cash shop cosmetics will offer a diverse selection of unique looks.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- All cosmetic store items will be non-tradeable. There will be no gifting mechanism for cosmetic items.
I don't want cosmetic items that can be purchased from the market to be transferable... because it is in a way a transfer of money for potentially something in-game. – Steven Sharif
Packs de précommande
Packs de précommande are available from the Magasin cosmétique.
- Wayfarer pre-order pack (History).
- Expeditionary pre-order pack (History).
- Voyager pre-order pack (History).
- Voyager plus pre-order pack (History).
We offer cosmetics for players who wish to support the project early. The exclusive nature of the limited availability is something I think collectors value. If you buy cosmetics as an MMO player, I know I enjoyed if the cosmetic is rare and not every girl at the party is wearing the same dress. In addition, these cosmetics are used to populate the world through NPC variants and color/texture changes so their offering aligns with our production schedule. The good thing about these packs is they contain no P2W advantages and there is no box cost, so from a mechanics standpoint you do not need to buy them to excel in the game on launch. And also, there are comparable and subjectively more grand cosmetics achievable in game as well. – Steven Sharif
All cosmetic store items will be non-tradeable.
- Cosmétiques are not tradeable with other players but can be reassigned to other characters (alts) within the same account.
- This is a reversal of the earlier statement that assignment of account-bound cosmetics to a character cannot be undone.
Pay to win
Ashes of Creation will not be pay to win.
Ashes of Creation will not be pay to win, that is our pledge to the community. One of the core principles we set forth with Ashes of Creation is a very strong desire to maintain the game's even playing field.
A lot of developers and companies have come along in the past- and I've been hit by this too- and they've said we're not going to have pay-to-win and then boom they roll out some pay-to-win. We have consistently said we won't be pay-to-win and in the pre-orders that we provide and even in the Kickstarter there were absolutely zero pay-to-win components whatsoever. So not only will we talk the talk but we will walk the walk as well. – Steven Sharif
Because we are a non-box purchase game, meaning there is no box price to play Ashes of Creation, it is only a subscription; and that's beneficial because it reduces the barrier of entry and we want a high population obviously; but at the same time one of the ways we augment the revenue flows to sustain constant updates and new chapter releases and additional content within the game is through a cosmetic-only marketplace; and that means absolutely no pay-to-win whatsoever; and that will be adhered to forever. – Steven Sharif
Inventaire slots, RNG loot boxes and XP potions are considered pay-to-win.
- There will not be level boosts or auto-leveling.
- There will not be a loot box system in Ashes of Creation.
We will not use a loot box system for cosmetics either. We currently have a cosmetic store that offers limited time, limited quantity items to help sustain game development. These items are purely decorative and do not offer any in-game benefits.
- Multiple accounts and multi-boxing on separate computers is not currently considered pay-to-win.
My definition of pay-to-win is really anything that affects the in-game economy, the in-game action pool, your abilities and/or skills... In my opinion the inventory slots and the XP potions would be considered pay-to-win. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Will there be RNG boxes?
- A: I dislike RNG. Archeage made me loath rng monetization gimmicks. – Steven Sharif
Transferring cosmetics between alts
La page de gestion de compte permet d'assigner ou de réassigner les objets provenant du crowdfunding à un personnage:
- Apparences et cosmétiques.
- Changer les objets de personnage s'ils sont uniquement utilisable par un personnage à la fois.
Un joueur a le droit de posséder plusieurs comptes à condition de respecter les règles concernant le multi-boxing.
Racial skins enable a player to change their character's racial appearance.
- Racial skins transform the race of the character to that skin. The original racial appearance of the character is entirely replaced.
- Racial skins can be toggled on and off.
You're changing your race over to that, which means that you won't look uniquely different if you were a Vek angel or a Human angel. – Steven Sharif
Racial skins are not costumes. This means that armor and character customization is possible on these.
There are plans to create other racial skins.
- Some potential future ideas include undead and werewolf (lycan) skins.
Freehold building skins
Freehold building skins were offered as Kickstarter and Summer crowdfunding rewards and are currently available in pre-order packs.
- Freehold skins are applied to a blueprint based on the type of building.
- Bâtiments de propriété privée serve three main purposes: Fermes, processing stations, and workshops.
- The vast majority of cosmetic freehold skins are used for the home.
- In Alpha-2 we will have our freeholds available to test; and while we have the designs in place for how processing interacts for gathering and how processing feeds the crafting stations, some of that stuff might change: The allotment of buildings that can be placed on the freehold, the way that the buildings get placed on the freehold, whether or not we even scrapped the idea of dedicating a portion of the Freehold towards the house. And because of that, because of the design limbo that's still pending our testing environment in Alpha 2, we've not wanted to give definitive definition around how those cosmetics will be applied to the freehold buildings in the event that that might change based on iteration. But to give you perspective there, it's mainly going to be focused around the freehold house and then also having the ability to apply the skins to some of the workstations as well. – Steven Sharif
Caravan skins ("Pimp my caravan") are available in the cash shop (cosmetic store).
- The skin changes the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The caravan and mount components of the skin are not able to be utilized separately.
- Building, ship, caravan and mount cosmetics require an in-game item to be obtained first to apply the cosmetic.
You'll need your own creature and caravan hooked up to each other, and then the caravan cosmetic skin goes over all of them to make it look like what's pictured. you're not able to split out separately that caravan mount skin, hence why you'd want the separate mount skin if you wanted to ride it independently. – Sarah Flanagan
Ship skins apply to certain ship types.
- Building, ship, caravan and mount cosmetics require an in-game item to be obtained first to apply the cosmetic.
Mount skins can be applied to the appearance of mounts that were earned in-game. These are applicable to specific classes (tiers) of mounts.
- For example, the Ramstrider skin will only be applicable to the class of land mounts (tier 1), and the Nighthunter Gryphon skin is only applicable to the class of royal mounts (tier 3).
- Certain tier 2 mount skins (such as the Emberstorm Dragon) can be upgraded to tier 3 skins if they also apply to royal mounts.
Cosmetic pets are available for purchase from the cosmetic store.
Cosmetic pets, since non-functional from a gameplay perspective, can be summoned at lvl 1. – Steven Sharif
Guild hall skins
Salles de guilde serve as a focal point for a guild, offering a host of benefits and customization options.
- Guild halls may be placed on guild freeholds or within nodes.
- In-node guild halls may only be claimed by patron guilds of that node. These have different perks and benefits to halls placed on freehold plots.
- When a guild reaches a certain level, its guild master is granted a guild freehold certificate to enable placement of a guild hall.
- Guild halls are objectives in guild wars.
- Guild halls can only be destroyed by a successful node siege. This contrasts with guild fortresses, which can be sieged in a guild war.
- A guild hall only houses a single guild.
Guildhalls are the ultimate expression of a guild's power! In Ashes these structures will serve as focal points for a guild, offering any guilds who construct them a whole host of benefits as well as customization options.
Les Costumes sont disponibles à l'achat dans le magasin cosmétique.
- Les costumes ne sont pas verrouillés par genre.
- Les costumes sont des tenues d'une pièce qui recouvrent la totalité d'un ensemble (équipement).
Le costume cosmétique ne vient pas en plusieurs éléments. Il couvrira la totalité de votre ensemble. – Margaret Krohn
Les accessoires sont des éléments cosmétiques achetables dans le Magasin cosmétique.
- Les accessoires utilisent seulement un emplacement d'équipement spécifique.
Mount barding skins
Les équipements de montures (aussi référencés comme selles) sont des armures pour montures dans Ashes of Creation. Les équipements de montures ont un concept similaires aux armures des joueurs.
- Plus le niveau d'équipement sera élevé, plus l'apparence sera belle.
- Les équipements comporteront de multiples pièces qui pourront être équipées. Chaque pièces augmentera les statistiques de la monture, comme par exemple ses points de vie ou sa vitesse.
- Les apparences d'équipements de montures ne peuvent s'appliquer que sur une monture avec des emplacements d'apparences d'équipements.
- Les apparences ne peuvent être appliquées qu'aux équipements/selles qui sont obtenus en jeu.
- Les apparences d'équipements peuvent changer selon le type de monture sur laquelle ils seront appliqués.
Housing decorations are available for purchase from the cosmetic store.
L'équipement est destiné à être d'apparence réaliste.
- Il n'y aura pas d'armes "surdimensionnées".
- L'armure ne sera pas trop sexualisée en apparence.
Nous allons vers une sorte de look plus réaliste; pas nécessairement un cadre réaliste, mais nous voulons que nos personnages aient du poids et se sentent comme s'ils étaient là. – Jeffrey Bard
Je pense plutôt que cela ne servirait à rien d'avoir une armure de plaque de bikini, tout comme la réalité, si vous voulez avoir une armure, elle devrait être protectrice. Je pense que le coté esthétique est agréable pour certaines personnes, mais c'est une sorte de problème immersif. – Steven Sharif
L'armure prendra une apparence raciale.
- Les cosmétiques peuvent être utilisés par toutes les races, mais il peut y avoir de légères variations pour les faire fonctionner avec la morphologie de chaque race.
Les joueurs peuvent changer les couleurs de leur équipement à l'aide de colorants.
L'affichage du casque peut être activé et désactivé.
Les effets de particules sont utilisés pour indiquer l'importance et la rareté de certaines armes.
Les armes peuvent être rengainées.
Les artisans peuvent influencer l'apparence de leurs objets fabriqués.
Les Equipement auront des appearance slots (Transmutation/Transmog/cosmetic slots) qui permetront de copier l'apparence d'un objet (dans certains cas).
- Il y a des règles pour appliquer des cosmétiques sur des objets spécifiques, contrairement aux costumes, qui n'ont pas de restrictions de niveau. 
- Les Cosmetic slots peuvent être activés ou désactivés par le joueur.
- une "apparence par défaut du joueur" peut être automatiquement appliquée durant des sieges ou autres combats à grande echelle pour améliorer la performance du serveur.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetics
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetic rewards
Progression and experience tracking for participation in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse testing entitled players to earn unique cosmetic rewards. These earned rewards will carry over in player's accounts to live launch of the MMORPG.
- Armor appearances.
- Freehold building skins.
- Weapon skins.
One of the ways we want to give back to the Community in participating in this testing is allowing for progress, quests, achievements rewards to be gained in Apocalypse... You will have rewards and quests and achievements that you and your participation and your performance in that game, whether it be the Castle Siege, the Horde Mode or the Battle Royale will earn you cosmetics. There will be costumes. There will be mounts to earn. There will be housing and furniture. There will be emotes. There will be weapon variants. A lot of these are what we have in production for our project Ashes of Creation, we apply some variants and skins for and make them only available through participating in helping us test these different game modes. And they will carry over to your account on the MMORPG. – Steven Sharif
The account used for Apocalypse is the same account used for the MMORPG. Unique skins earned in Apocalypse will be added to the MMORPG as rewards for helping to prepare for the Alpha and Beta stages of Ashes of Creation.
- Cosmetic skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within the Ashes of Creation MMORPG.
- Skins earned in Apocalypse will be available to apply at certain tiers, levels and/or access points within the MMORPG.
So it's not that you'll be able to equip necessarily an item at level one. These are all cosmetic skins. Again we are not about the pay-to-win or pay-to-convenience life. What we want to do instead is as you earn, craft, or find equipment in the MMORPG, these skins that you've earned in Apocalypse will be available at certain tiers, levels and/or access points. So for example, we have different grades of mounts right. We have the base one land mounts. We have the the Royal mounts. We have the flying mounts if you're a mayor or King or Queen. We have legendary mounts. These classes of mounts will have available skins associated with those particular classes... If you have the Ramstider skin that you've earned from Apocalypse, you'll be able to apply that to your first land mount, which will probably be earned within the first five levels you'll earn a land mount. However if you have let's say for example the Gryphon, which will be a glideable mount. I'm sorry what's the name of the what's the name of the night one. The midnight- is the midnight bird or something like? The Nighthunter Gryphon. I think that's it. If you have that skin you'll only be able to apply that skin to a Royal mount so you'll still have to earn these things. Remember our position is that of: You need to earn these things in Ashes first. They're not purchasable or earned outside in Apocalypse and you're granted that immediately. These are skins that you apply to the things you earn in Ashes. – Steven Sharif
These cosmetics reflect the lore of Ashes of Creation Apocalypse, which is set before the fall.
- Armor appearances will reflect the ancient cultures of Verra.
One thing that we announced to our alpha one backers that I know they love clarity on is that we'll also be including progression and experience tracking for participation and testing that will entitle them to some unique cosmetics as well that reflect on the lore of this setting, which is before the fall. So you'll be able to acquire some armors that reflect some of the ancient cultures of Verra that you will earn and hold for live launch. – Steven Sharif
It would be like your ancestors kept these curios for you. – Jeffrey Bard
Examples of some Kickstarter rewards will be included in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse.
- ↑ Ashes of Creation Store: Skins.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Direct, 2020-11-30 (56:02).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Rime and Regal.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 Direct, 2018-12-06 (41:43).
- ↑ Direct, 2020-11-30 (58:24).
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3
- ↑ 9.0 9.1
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 Ashes of Creation Reddit - Heat and Harmony.
- ↑ Direct, 2017-05-08 (48:52).
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 13.3 13.4 Direct, 2018-04-8 (PM) (58:29).
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 14.3 14.4 14.5 14.6 14.7
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 15.4 Direct, 2020-07-25 (1:53:46).
- ↑ 16.0 16.1
- ↑ 18.0 18.1
- ↑ 19.0 19.1
- ↑ Direct, 2019-06-28 (1:25:55).
- ↑ 21.0 21.1
- ↑ Direct, 2020-06-26 (1:42:55).
- ↑ Podcast, 2020-11-15 (49:02).
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 24.2 24.3 24.4 24.5 24.6
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 25.2 25.3 25.4 25.5 Direct, 2020-11-30 (57:50).
- ↑ 27.0 27.1
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 28.2 28.3
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 Entrevue, 2018-10-20 (2:17:43).
- ↑ Entrevue, 2018-10-20 (2:28:08).
- ↑ 31.0 31.1 31.2 31.3
- ↑ Direct, 2018-07-09 (55:20).
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 Entrevue, 2018-05-11 (32:36).
- ↑ Direct, 2021-04-30 (1:20:03).
- ↑ 36.0 36.1
- ↑ 37.0 37.1 37.2
- ↑ 38.0 38.1 Direct, 2020-07-25 (48:28).
- ↑ 39.0 39.1 Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:57:56).
- ↑ 40.0 40.1
- ↑ Entrevue, 2021-06-13 (48:27).
- ↑ Direct, 2021-01-29 (46:48).
- ↑ 46.0 46.1
- ↑ Direct, 2017-05-26 (18:10).
- ↑ Ashes of Creation Forums - Poll + Bonus Dev Discussion - Multiboxing.
- ↑ Direct, 2017-05-12 (1:04:04).
- ↑ 50.0 50.1
- ↑ 51.0 51.1 Direct, 2020-05-29 (1:42:43).
- ↑ Kickstarter 12k+ backers.
- ↑ February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- ↑ Direct, 2018-04-8 (AM) (4:47).
- ↑ What is included with my Pre-Order package?
- ↑ Direct, 2020-08-28 (2:14:06).
- ↑ 62.0 62.1 62.2 Direct, 2023-04-07 (31:49).
- ↑ Ashes of Creation Store: Ramstone Hauler.
- ↑ Direct, 2021-12-23 (1:21:32).
- ↑ Direct, 2018-04-8 (PM) (51:49).
- ↑ Direct, 2019-09-30 (1:39:01).
- ↑ 70.0 70.1
- ↑ 71.0 71.1 71.2 Entrevue, 2019-04-21 (45:45).
- ↑ Podcast, 2018-08-18 (1:12:34).
- ↑ 73.0 73.1 Direct, 2020-02-28 (1:06:51).
- ↑ 74.0 74.1 Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:54:15).
- ↑ Direct, 2017-05-22 (56:48).
- ↑ Ashes of Creation Store: Vestments of the Runecarvers.
- ↑ 80.0 80.1 80.2
- ↑ Leader of Men
- ↑ 82.0 82.1 82.2 Direct, 2020-05-29 (58:31).
- ↑ Direct, 2020-09-30 (45:37).
- ↑ 84.0 84.1
- ↑ Direct, 2020-09-30 (45:26).
- ↑ 86.0 86.1 Direct, 2020-05-29 (50:20).
- ↑ 87.0 87.1 87.2 Direct, 2017-05-26 (19:51).
- ↑ 88.0 88.1 Reddit Q&A, 2019-01-8.
- ↑ Podcast, 2018-08-04 (53:43).
- ↑ Direct, 2017-07-18 (54:56).
- ↑ Direct, 2017-07-28 (9:47).
- ↑ Direct, 2020-10-30 (1:13:22).
- ↑ Direct, 2017-09-03 (48:56).
- ↑ Direct, 2020-11-30 (1:05:22).
- ↑ Direct, 2017-05-24 (24:19).
- ↑ Entrevue, 2018-08-24 (5:28).
- ↑ Direct, 2017-11-17 (22:33).
- ↑ Direct, 2018-02-09 (50:29).
- ↑ Direct, 2020-07-25 (54:10).
- ↑ Direct, 2019-11-22 (1:08:05).
- ↑ Blog: October Giveaway - Free Armor of the Autumn Knight.
- ↑ 105.0 105.1 105.2 105.3 105.4 105.5 105.6 105.7 Direct, 2018-10-31 (38:47).
- ↑ 106.0 106.1 106.2 106.3 106.4 106.5 Direct, 2018-09-27 (27:27).
- ↑ 107.0 107.1 107.2 107.3 Direct, 2018-12-06 (33:55).
- ↑ 2018-12-08 Newsletter.
- ↑ 110.0 110.1 Direct, 2018-12-06 (26:12).