- All skin cosmetic items are cosmetic items only and do not grant the user any other benefit. The lore text is flavor text, and background of the creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means. Cosmetics achievable in-game will be on-par, and in the case of legendary skins, even more elaborate than shop items.
- I want to make sure that equitable cosmetics both from a quantity and quality standpoint are achievable through in-game achievements. Time, effort should let you be happy with what you can accomplish. – Steven Sharif
- In my opinion quality of cash shop cosmetics should be equal to in game achievable cosmetics, but offer a diverse selection of unique looks. – Steven Sharif
- There will be legendary cosmetics that are only achievable in-game that will never be offered in the cosmetic shop.
- There will not be recolors or material swaps on the monthly cosmetics as a means to populate in-game achievements.
- From an armor standpoint, we cut armor sets up into many different pieces. These pieces can sometimes be used as part of other sets, that may include helmets, wrists, gloves etc. So while you will not see an achievable white version of the corvid castigator set in the game for example, you may see its shoulder piece used in another set, or its leggings, or wrist piece used in another set (not every piece as to form the whole set, but perhaps a couple pieces). This would be difficult to notice at first glance, due to the material, texture and color variation used, but this modular approach to content creation makes achieving a wide variety of looks achievable for an MMORPG of our size. – Steven Sharif
- Different variants of store purchased cosmetic creatures (Pets and Montures) may exist in the wild.
- Cosmétiques can be used by all races but there may be slight variations to make them work with the body builds of each race.
- There will not be mascot looking/furry cosmetics.
- It's important to remember, Ashes is a NO-BOX COST subscription only game, with an optional cosmetic marketplace. This achieves a few things from a monetization model. Having a lower barrier to entry for players to try the game when they don't have to fork out $60 for the box price is good, our box price is 0$. This also places an emphasis on the game's retention and our continual updates and content creation to keep players playing and staying subscribed (a put your money where your mouth is sort of philosophy for us as a company). It also means players don't have to spend $60 every time there is an expansion. – Steven Sharif
- Costume and pet cosmetics don't have a level restriction. Building, ship, caravan and mount cosmetics require an in-game item to be obtained first to apply the cosmetic.
- I know there have been quite a few questions regarding cosmetics over the years. As we get further along in development, we'll be providing more specific information regarding what specific buildings, items, etc., you can place each cosmetic on. We'll update this for all past items. – Margaret Krohn
- Cosmétiques are not tradeable with other players but can be reassigned to other characters (alts) within the same account.
- Tous les éléments artistiques de Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale ont été réalisé par Intrepid Studios.
On arrive à se rapprocher un peu plus du réalisme au niveau des graphismes, notamment grâce à l'Unreal Engine 4... Je voulais éviter le cartoon. Je ne suis d'ailleur pas un grand fan des jeux trop stylisés. – Steven Sharif
We've mentioned this before about what the cosmetics do, but all of those pre-order pack items allow us to create the world. They're the NPCs in the world. They help us make NPC variants. The clothing and costumes are costumes that we'll be putting on NPCs. You're actually helping us create the world. – Margaret Krohn
Cash shop cosmetics will be limited in quantity, limited in time for purchase. They will be unique, but you will also have extremely difficult to gain cosmetics in game as well as unique cosmetics that look great and better... There will be a lot of cosmetics that are achievable in the game because that is a very fun aspect of MMO play. – Steven Sharif
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Cash shop cosmetics will offer a diverse selection of unique looks.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- All cosmetic store items will be non-tradeable. There will be no gifting mechanism for cosmetic items.
Packs de précommande
- Wayfarer pre-order pack (History).
- Expeditionary pre-order pack (History).
- Voyager pre-order pack (History).
- Voyager plus pre-order pack (History).
We offer cosmetics for players who wish to support the project early. The exclusive nature of the limited availability is something I think collectors value. If you buy cosmetics as an MMO player, I know I enjoyed if the cosmetic is rare and not every girl at the party is wearing the same dress. In addition, these cosmetics are used to populate the world through NPC variants and color/texture changes so their offering aligns with our production schedule. The good thing about these packs is they contain no P2W advantages and there is no box cost, so from a mechanics standpoint you do not need to buy them to excel in the game on launch. And also, there are comparable and subjectively more grand cosmetics achievable in game as well. – Steven Sharif
- Cosmétiques are not tradeable with other players but can be reassigned to other characters (alts) within the same account.
Pay to win
Ashes of Creation will not be pay to win, that is our pledge to the community. One of the core principles we set forth with Ashes of Creation is a very strong desire to maintain the game's even playing field.
A lot of developers and companies have come along in the past- and I've been hit by this too- and they've said we're not going to have pay-to-win and then boom they roll out some pay-to-win. We have consistently said we won't be pay-to-win and in the pre-orders that we provide and even in the Kickstarter there were absolutely zero pay-to-win components whatsoever. So not only will we talk the talk but we will walk the walk as well. – Steven Sharif
Because we are a non-box purchase game, meaning there is no box price to play Ashes of Creation, it is only a subscription; and that's beneficial because it reduces the barrier of entry and we want a high population obviously; but at the same time one of the ways we augment the revenue flows to sustain constant updates and new chapter releases and additional content within the game is through a cosmetic-only marketplace; and that means absolutely no pay-to-win whatsoever; and that will be adhered to forever. – Steven Sharif
- There will not be level boosts or auto-leveling.
- There will not be a loot box system in Ashes of Creation.
We will not use a loot box system for cosmetics either. We currently have a cosmetic store that offers limited time, limited quantity items to help sustain game development. These items are purely decorative and do not offer any in-game benefits.
- Multiple accounts and multi-boxing on separate computers is not currently considered pay-to-win.
My definition of pay-to-win is really anything that affects the in-game economy, the in-game action pool, your abilities and/or skills... In my opinion the inventory slots and the XP potions would be considered pay-to-win. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Will there be RNG boxes?
- A: I dislike RNG. Archeage made me loath rng monetization gimmicks. – Steven Sharif
Transferring cosmetics between alts
- Apparences et cosmétiques.
- Changer les objets de personnage s'ils sont uniquement utilisable par un personnage à la fois.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Owning cosmetics does not guarantee the acquisition of the item the cosmetic can be used on. Players must still achieve the corresponding item/building. – Steven Sharif
- Caravan skins change the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The best skins will be in-game achievable.
- The best skins will be in-game achievable (obviously “best” is subjective, so I’d say the most ornate and detailed/unique). – Steven Sharif
- Racial skins transform the race of the character to that skin. The original racial appearance of the character is entirely replaced.
- Racial skins can be toggled on and off.
There are plans to create other racial skins.
- Some potential future ideas include undead and werewolf (lycan) skins.
Freehold building skins
- Freehold building skins can also be achieved in-game.
- Freehold skins can be applied to blueprints matching the type of freehold building: housing, artisanship, and business.
- Cosmetics that we have sold as part of different packs throughout the past- our pre-order system: Those cosmetics are split into three primary categories: housing, artisanship, and business; and we will have a breakdown that we're going to be releasing of the cosmetics that have come previously and which categories they exist in, but players will have the option to override the appearance of a blueprint that exists within one of those categories with an associated cosmetic skin; and that is obviously not just something that can be purchased through the pre-order system, but also can be achieved in-game as well- our cosmetics that can be applied to specific building types. And we don't get as granular where, let's say, you might have a shrine cosmetic, and you have, let's say, a blacksmith building that you wouldn't be able to apply the shrine to the blacksmith building. If the shrine exists in the artisanship lane you can apply it to any artisanship type building, but not to a house or business. so giving a little bit of additional context there. – Steven Sharif
- A planned feature may allow multiple buildings to be replaced by a single large cosmetic skin.
- Cosmetics that are are very large in size- we will have a system that's not been developed yet, but we've been planning for this: we'll have a system where multiple buildings can be occupied space-wise by the larger cosmetic. So, a cosmetic might replace the visual appearance of one particular building, but then you'll be able to have that footprint occupy multiple buildings to replace the visual appearance. So that way you're still utilizing the similar amount of space. – Steven Sharif
- The skin changes the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- The caravan and mount components of the skin are not able to be utilized separately.
- Building, ship, caravan and mount cosmetics require an in-game item to be obtained first to apply the cosmetic.
You'll need your own creature and caravan hooked up to each other, and then the caravan cosmetic skin goes over all of them to make it look like what's pictured. you're not able to split out separately that caravan mount skin, hence why you'd want the separate mount skin if you wanted to ride it independently. – Sarah Flanagan
- Building, ship, caravan and mount cosmetics require an in-game item to be obtained first to apply the cosmetic.
- For example, the Ramstrider skin will only be applicable to the class of land mounts (tier 1), and the Nighthunter Gryphon skin is only applicable to the class of royal mounts (tier 3).
- Certain tier 2 mount skins (such as the Emberstorm Dragon) can be upgraded to tier 3 skins if they also apply to royal mounts.
- Acquiring achievements like t3 mounts or t2 mounts to use cosmetics on will require varying degrees of effort, skill and strategy. Once achieved players can use those cosmetics. – Steven Sharif
Guild hall skins
Mount barding skins
- Plus le niveau d'équipement sera élevé, plus l'apparence sera belle.
- Les équipements comporteront de multiples pièces qui pourront être équipées. Chaque pièces augmentera les statistiques de la monture, comme par exemple ses points de vie ou sa vitesse.
- Les apparences d'équipements de montures ne peuvent s'appliquer que sur une monture avec des emplacements d'apparences d'équipements.
- Les apparences ne peuvent être appliquées qu'aux équipements/selles qui sont obtenus en jeu.
- Les apparences d'équipements peuvent changer selon le type de monture sur laquelle ils seront appliqués.
Backer only armor skin
- Les costumes ne sont pas verrouillés par genre.
- Les costumes sont des tenues d'une pièce qui recouvrent la totalité d'un ensemble (équipement).
- Il n'y aura pas d'armes "surdimensionnées".
- L'armure ne sera pas trop sexualisée en apparence.
Je pense plutôt que cela ne servirait à rien d'avoir une armure de plaque de bikini, tout comme la réalité, si vous voulez avoir une armure, elle devrait être protectrice. Je pense que le coté esthétique est agréable pour certaines personnes, mais c'est une sorte de problème immersif. – Steven Sharif
- Les cosmétiques peuvent être utilisés par toutes les races, mais il peut y avoir de légères variations pour les faire fonctionner avec la morphologie de chaque race.
- Il y a des règles pour appliquer des cosmétiques sur des objets spécifiques, contrairement aux costumes, qui n'ont pas de restrictions de niveau. 
- Les Cosmetic slots peuvent être activés ou désactivés par le joueur.
- une "apparence par défaut du joueur" peut être automatiquement appliquée durant des sieges ou autres combats à grande echelle pour améliorer la performance du serveur.
- There will be hundreds of attachments available ranging from a small clasp to the front plate of a breast plate.
Gear appearance priority
Les objets attachés au dos ou à la ceinture des personnage représentent les objets dont ils sont en possession. Les joueurs peuvent définir la priorité d'apparence des éléments qu'ils souhaitent afficher. Un seul élément peut s'afficher à la fois, et cela est déterminé par le choix du joueur.
Une grande composante du MMORPG qui - la moitié de cet acronyme que vous connaissez est un jeu de rôle RPG. Et pour jouer un rôle, vous devez être capable de représenter ce que votre personnage fait dans ce monde et vous savez qu'une partie de ce que fait l'animation est de créer ces emplacements sur la ceinture ou le dos que vous savez peut accrocher certains types d'accessoires ou d'objets créés par l'équipe de personnages, comme Carson, vous savez, cela peut être un tube de parchemin, cela peut être une potion, cela peut être n'importe quoi : ces joueurs auront la capacité comme nous l'avons vu dans le passé aura la possibilité de sélectionner ce qu'il veut représenter dans ces emplacements, puis l'animation s'assurera que l'empannage est bien en mouvement. – Steven Sharif
Il y aura un système de priorité derrière cela qui déterminera... dois-je montrer l'arc si l'espadon n'est pas équipé ou dois-je montrer l'arme d'hast si l'espadon n'est pas équipé. – Jeffrey Bard
Nous voulons que vous puissiez exprimer votre identité propre, que vous puissiez roleplay même au niveau esthétique. Il y aura des outils et des paramètres permettant la customisation des personnages. Nous voulons que la culture et l'identité de chaque race soient présentes au point qu'elles soient facilement identifiables par les joueurs et distinguables des autres cultures. A cette fin, il est nécessaire d'avoir un spectre large sur lequel vous puissiez vous placer. Il y aura beaucoup de coupes de cheveux différentes, beaucoup de tatouages. Vous pourrez modifier les traits du visages, la structure osseuse, la taille, la morphologie, le pourcentage de graisse. Vous pourrez ajouter des poils sur différents parties du corps. Si vous voulez des poils sur les pieds, vous pourrez en avoir. – Steven Sharif
- Les modèles des personnages se veulent réalistes.
- Le joueur verra un personnage générique avant de débuter la customisation.
- Les joueurs peuvent faire des personnages en surpoids, maigres, musclés.
- Les designs des personnages s'inspirent d'un grand panel de cultures, Européennes, Africaines et Asiatiques.
- Il n'y aura pas de Lolis dans le jeu.
Des curseurs permettront une certaine flexibilité dans la customisation.
- Des variantes pour les coupes de cheveux.
- Ajouter de la pilosité sur certaines parties du corps.
- De la peinture corporelle.
- Des tatouages
- Modifier les traits du visage.
- Modifier la structure osseuse.
- Modifier la taille.
- Soyons sérieux, vous ne pourrez pas faire un personnage faisant 3cm de haut.
- Modifier la morphologie.
- Ajuster le pourcentage de graisse.
- La hauteur des sourcils.
- Ajuster le menton.
- Modifier les cheveux.
- Modifier la pilosité faciale.
- La morphologie.
- Il y aura des curseurs pour les seins.
- Ils dépendront de la race du personnage.
- L'échelle sera réaliste.
- Eye color.
- Skin color.
- Hair color.
Cosmetic items that produce in-game cosmetic effects will also be available.
- Des objets cosmétiques utilisés pour personnaliser la couleur de l'armure. 
- Aux matériaux utilisés lors du craft. 
- Two dye channels are provided per character that together influence up to 50% of the gear that is equipped by that character.
- The original design allowed individual items to be dyed with different dyes.
- One of the things that we want to do- again talking about player agency- is we want to give them the ability to change the appearance of their armor sets that they're wearing; and the way we've approached the dye solution is through a channeled system. We have a two channel dye system where the first channel is a lower grade dye that it has influence over between 10 to 20 percent of your overall armor appearance; and then the second channel dye is a higher tier dye that you have to acquire; and by doing so you can influence the remaining thirty percent- up to thirty percent of that armor appearance: So up to a total of fifty percent influence that can occur across all the pieces that you wear. Now one unique approach to the way we're doing this dye system is we're not allowing individual dyes to be applied on individual items, but instead we keep a cohesion across the set by applying that dye channel to your character; and when you equip a piece with your overall character it will assume that dye channel from your paper doll. So you apply the dyes to your character and when you equip a piece of item it will take that dye and it will influence the channel over that particular piece so that it comes into alignment. And what the reason that we're doing that is there's a lot of options with regards to customization for your character appearance, whether it be through transmog, through costumes, through mixing and matching sets and pieces that you can wear; and what we want to avoid is the rainbow effect where these pieces do not look good together and it creates the clown that's walking down the street.
The Kickstarter dyes are sets of unique colors that are not obtainable by players who did not participate in Crowdfunding. These dyes are not usable as normal dyes are. Instead they are used to override the color of another dye obtained in game.
- They are assigned to a character from a user's account management page.
- They do not expire, so they may be used to continually override dye colors.
- Once a dye has been overridden it becomes a bound dye to that character, so the colors cannot be sold for in-game benefit.
- When an item is sold or transferred, color changes are reverted.
Outside of wanting to keep maybe some identity from a lore perspective; for example if you have like a white lion's suit of armor, you may not want that white lion suit of armor to be black or blue. So, it's possible. It depends on the costume itself. – Steven Sharif
- Seasonal cosmetics can be obtained in-game.
- Race and class emoji packs were available in the Kickstarter and Summer crowdfunding campaigns at the Explorer level and above.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetics
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetic rewards
Progression and experience tracking for participation in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse testing entitled players to earn unique cosmetic rewards. These earned rewards will carry over in player's accounts to live launch of the MMORPG.
- Armor appearances.
- Freehold building skins.
- Weapon skins.
One of the ways we want to give back to the Community in participating in this testing is allowing for progress, quests, achievements rewards to be gained in Apocalypse... You will have rewards and quests and achievements that you and your participation and your performance in that game, whether it be the Castle Siege, the Horde Mode or the Battle Royale will earn you cosmetics. There will be costumes. There will be mounts to earn. There will be housing and furniture. There will be emotes. There will be weapon variants. A lot of these are what we have in production for our project Ashes of Creation, we apply some variants and skins for and make them only available through participating in helping us test these different game modes. And they will carry over to your account on the MMORPG. – Steven Sharif
The account used for Apocalypse is the same account used for the MMORPG. Unique skins earned in Apocalypse will be added to the MMORPG as rewards for helping to prepare for the Alpha and Beta stages of Ashes of Creation.
- Cosmetic skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within the Ashes of Creation MMORPG.
- Skins earned in Apocalypse will be available to apply at certain tiers, levels and/or access points within the MMORPG.
So it's not that you'll be able to equip necessarily an item at level one. These are all cosmetic skins. Again we are not about the pay-to-win or pay-to-convenience life. What we want to do instead is as you earn, craft, or find equipment in the MMORPG, these skins that you've earned in Apocalypse will be available at certain tiers, levels and/or access points. So for example, we have different grades of mounts right. We have the base one land mounts. We have the Royal mounts. We have the flying mounts if you're a mayor or King or Queen. We have legendary mounts. These classes of mounts will have available skins associated with those particular classes... If you have the Ramstider skin that you've earned from Apocalypse, you'll be able to apply that to your first land mount, which will probably be earned within the first five levels you'll earn a land mount. However if you have let's say for example the Gryphon, which will be a glideable mount. I'm sorry what's the name of the what's the name of the night one. The midnight- is the midnight bird or something like? The Nighthunter Gryphon. I think that's it. If you have that skin you'll only be able to apply that skin to a Royal mount so you'll still have to earn these things. Remember our position is that of: You need to earn these things in Ashes first. They're not purchasable or earned outside in Apocalypse and you're granted that immediately. These are skins that you apply to the things you earn in Ashes. – Steven Sharif
One thing that we announced to our alpha one backers that I know they love clarity on is that we'll also be including progression and experience tracking for participation and testing that will entitle them to some unique cosmetics as well that reflect on the lore of this setting, which is before the fall. So you'll be able to acquire some armors that reflect some of the ancient cultures of Verra that you will earn and hold for live launch. – Steven Sharif
- Rime and Regal.
- Ashes of Creation Reddit - Heat and Harmony.
- Direct, 2017-05-08 (48:52).
- Direct, 2018-04-8 (PM) (58:29).
- Direct, 2020-07-25 (1:53:46).
- Direct, 2019-06-28 (1:25:55).
- Direct, 2020-06-26 (1:42:55).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (49:02).
- Direct, 2020-11-30 (57:50).
- Entrevue, 2018-10-20 (2:17:43).
- Entrevue, 2018-10-20 (2:28:08).
- Direct, 2021-05-28 (1:49:24).
- Direct, 2021-04-30 (6:46).
- Direct, 2018-07-09 (55:20).
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Entrevue, 2018-05-11 (32:36).
- Direct, 2021-04-30 (1:20:03).
- Direct, 2020-11-30 (56:02).
- Direct, 2020-07-25 (48:28).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:57:56).
- Entrevue, 2021-06-13 (48:27).
- Direct, 2021-01-29 (46:48).
- Direct, 2017-05-26 (18:10).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Poll + Bonus Dev Discussion - Multiboxing.
- Ashes of Creation Store: Cosmetics.
- Direct, 2018-12-06 (41:43).
- Direct, 2023-06-30 (1:15:34).
- Direct, 2020-08-28 (2:14:06).
- Direct, 2017-05-12 (1:04:04).
- Direct, 2020-05-29 (1:42:43).
- Kickstarter 12k+ backers.
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Direct, 2018-04-8 (AM) (4:47).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Sunbeam's Remembrance.
- Blog: Exploring the Boundless Opportunities of Freeholds.
- Direct, 2023-06-30 (22:05).
- What is included with my Pre-Order package?
- Direct, 2023-06-30 (23:40).
- Development Update with Freehold Preview.
- Direct, 2023-04-07 (31:49).
- Direct, 2023-06-30 (1:21:07).
- Entrevue, 2023-07-09 (31:18).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Ramstone Hauler.
- Direct, 2021-12-23 (1:21:32).
- Direct, 2018-04-8 (PM) (51:49).
- Direct, 2019-09-30 (1:39:01).
- Leader of Men
- Direct, 2020-05-29 (58:31).
- Direct, 2020-09-30 (45:37).
- Direct, 2020-09-30 (45:26).
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter.
- Ashes of Creation Store: Vestments of the Runecarvers.
- Direct, 2020-05-29 (50:20).
- Direct, 2017-05-26 (19:51).
- Reddit Q&A, 2019-01-8.
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (53:43).
- Direct, 2017-07-18 (54:56).
- Direct, 2017-07-28 (9:47).
- Direct, 2020-10-30 (1:13:22).
- Direct, 2017-09-03 (48:56).
- Direct, 2020-11-30 (1:05:22).
- Direct, 2017-05-24 (24:19).
- Entrevue, 2018-08-24 (5:28).
- Direct, 2017-11-17 (22:33).
- Direct, 2018-02-09 (50:29).
- Direct, 2020-07-25 (54:10).
- Direct, 2019-11-22 (1:08:05).
- Entrevue, 2018-10-20 (3:34:46).
- Direct, 2019-05-30 (1:09:13).
- Direct, 2020-01-30 (49:08).
- Direct, 2021-06-25 (21:56).
- Direct, 2018-06-04 (19:48).
- Direct, 2017-10-16 (15:18).
- Ashes of Creation - The visuals.
- Direct, 2018-04-8 (PM) (13:39).
- Direct, 2017-05-08 (47:35).
- Direct, 2017-05-15 (51:19).
- Direct, 2017-06-30 (11:21).
- Direct, 2017-06-30 (10:04).
- Direct, 2017-06-30 (10:27).
- Direct, 2017-06-30 (12:39).
- Direct, 2017-06-30 (13:13).
- Direct, 2017-05-24 (48:45).
- Direct, 2017-05-22 (54:32).
- Direct, 2017-05-24 (28:22).
- Direct, 2017-05-08 (48:49).
- Direct, 2017-05-26 (32:14).
- Alpha-1 screenshot.
- Direct, 2022-06-30 (1:06:02).
- Direct, 2020-10-30 (1:14:34).
- Direct, 2017-05-26 (3:04).
- Direct, 2018-04-8 (PM) (18:48).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Festive Protector's Garments
- Direct, 2017-11-17 (53:02).
- Direct, 2017-05-22 (58:51).
- Blog: October Giveaway - Free Armor of the Autumn Knight.
- Direct, 2018-10-31 (38:47).
- Direct, 2018-09-27 (27:27).
- Direct, 2018-12-06 (33:55).
- 2018-12-08 Newsletter.
- Direct, 2018-12-06 (26:12).