Nous allons diviser ce qui est traditionnellement appelé « quêtes » en trois différentes catégories : les quêtes narratives, événements, et tâches. Nous voulons éviter d'aller dans une direction qui tente de forcer la part narrative dans le système de jeu là où cela n'est pas vraiment adapté (i.e. du contenu de remplissage qui n'a pas réellement de lien avec ce qui se passe dans le monde).
List of quests
- Quest givers are identified by a green shimmer on their nameplates.
- Not every quest/quest-giver will originate from within a node.
Il y aura des moyens subtils par lesquels les joueurs vont acquérir la connaissance que quelque chose est à faire dans un zone.
- Il n'y aura pas de marqueurs de quête flagrants tels que des points d'interrogation ou d'exclamation pour dire aux joueurs où tourner.
List of quest givers
- A featureless tome
- Archscholar Denari
- Attendant Wynden
- Captain Quinn
- Corporal Cuhlum
- Headmaster Varus
- Lieutenant Griori
- Olexia Fobrasna
- Private Tarston
- Scholar Lodi
- Scholar Rhea
- Sergeant Landry
List of quest rewards
|Item||Icon||Item type||Rarity||Level requirement||Set|
|Crude Sickle Blade||Reagent|
|Crude Sickle Handle||Reagent|
|Frayed Cloth Gloves||Gloves||Common||7||Frayed|
|Lava Forged One-Handed Sword||Sword||Rare||12||Lava Forged|
|Lava Forged Wand||Wand||Rare||8||Lava Forged|
|Refurbished Plate Gauntlets||Gloves||Common||7||Refurbished|
|Sharpened One-Handed Sword||Sword||Uncommon||5|
|Tome Of The Tundra||Spellbook||Epic||15|
- Every stage a node develops it's unlocking narratives, storylines, it's changing the spawn population of the area around it, changing what bosses exist, it's triggering events where you may have legendary dragons attack the city. It's basically writing the story of the server based on the actions and determination of the players. So, you may experience a dungeon one month earlier and have a completely different story that relates to this location the next month, because something has changed either geopolitically or from the node standpoint. – Steven Sharif
- Personal or class-based activity.
- Even player driven mechanics will still have story components. There will be a reason why the player driven mechanic is available or required of the player; so every system that's created touches a story. – Steven Sharif
- If there are too many other major arcs happening at the same time in the same zone, a story arc may need to wait its turn, even if conditions are right for it to be unlocked.
- Arcs Narratifs drive one or more storyline quests within the game.
- Story arcs can branch into different stories with multiple possible endings depending on the quest objectives that players complete during each chapter.
- The developers will try to ensure that story arcs in future expansions flow on from existing story arcs, regardless of the different possible outcomes.
- There will be a variety of different types of story arc content at different scales, with different cooldowns to suit different types of players in the game.
- We must provide enough of this content at varying scales such that it isn't worthwhile or economical to control every single story arc in the world. Some will be smaller in scale and production value, and thus, will move faster and have shorter cooldowns before they're reintroduced. – Skott B
- Corrupted resources are variations of resources that are only available in corrupted areas or during certain story arcs.
- Maires require certain resources.
- Bâtiments are required within a node.
- Social organization tasks need to be completed.
Story arc chapters
- Players can progress a chapter by completing story arc quests within the timeframe that each chapter is active.
- Phase timers are shown (in the quest UI) to indicate how much real-world time is available to complete the quests in each phase.
- If the player completes all quests in a particular chapter, they will need to wait until the next chapter to obtain further quests.
- Story arcs can branch into different stories with multiple possible endings depending on the quest objectives that players complete during each chapter.
- It's not just a matter of completing the laundry list of things that the NPC has you do, but you pick from a whole bunch of objectives, many of them optional. Some of them, if not most of them, hidden when you first undertake the quest. So go dig up a guide, or blaze your own trail, or whatever; but depending on which objectives you complete, those are the things that help the server aggregate what is going to happen in later phases of the story arc. And that's across all of the players participating during that time frame: what objectives they decide to complete. – Skott B
- Story arcs can last for days, which reduces pressure to log in daily to remain competitive.
- Story arcs normally progress according to the passage of real-time, which is clearly indicated in your quest journals. Even if a zerg guild throws all their resources at a story arc, they can't lock anyone out of participating by doing all the participation on their own. You'll have the time indicated in your quest journal to finish the content available in that chapter. – Skott B
- Most story arcs will repeat with a cooldown, but major story arcs will only occur one-time: These can be replayed, but in a non-interactive way where any choices made do not impact the world.
- The cooldowns between arcs repeating will also be quite long- proportional to the length of the chapters, but we're still in pursuit of the right numbers there. You can't do the individual quests again until the entire arc restarts. – Skott B
- La possibilité de réessayer une quête échouée dépend de la Progression de Nœud.
- Les Quêtes impliquant des citoyens de plusieurs Nœuds sont déverrouillées sur base des alliances et d'autres relations entre les nœuds ainsi que leurs progressions.
Il y aura beaucoup de quêtes différentes qui auront des étapes dans l'histoire ; et ces étapes peuvent être éventuellement échouées. Vous pouvez franchement rater une histoire ; ce qui n'est pas terrible quand on y pense, mais en même temps ce risque rend votre investissement beaucoup plus important. – Steven Sharif
Nous allons garder la trace de l'histoire du monde afin de pouvoir raconter aux gens le récit jusqu'à ce jour. Un tout nouveau joueur, qui arrive après six mois, peut jeter un œil à chaque serveur, ce que chaque serveur a réalisé, comment le serveur a abordé l'intrigue ; et ils peuvent décider par eux-mêmes quelle communauté ils veulent rejoindre, à quelle version du monde ils veulent prendre part. – Jeffrey Bard
Evénements are things that happen in Ashes of Creation as the result of development in the world. There are several different types of events that are triggered due to certain conditions (predicates) being met. Events are scaled to fit local, regional, and global needs.
- Events... can be local, regional or global, and consist of boons or banes. They’re triggered based on a lot of different variables, and some may be one-off Events that occur once, and never again. If an Event is handled successfully, then something good happens to the local, regional, or global area. If it fails, then something bad befalls the local, regional or global area. They’ll relate to the overall Narrative, but don’t fall into its overall structure (for the most part). These are the things that will be written into history, and we imagine that as time grows, each server’s history will diverge more and more.
- Some events incorporate random story-driven interruptions to the normal flow of the world, such as blocking off specific roadways, having a random raid boss or mobs appear unexpectedly in a zone. Some may lead to wider consequences, such as climate change, plagues, volcanic eruptions, forest fires, or other natural disasters.
- Events that are taken care of successfully have positive consequences and provide rewards based on the contribution of players during the event.
- There are certain effects that can happen in a world that does not have a proper response from the player population and that's the whole idea behind these events that can happen; that feel like these are natural world progression events if corruption starts to show itself as a response- as a push back to the player's development of nodes in the world itself. – Steven Sharif
- There is the ability to fail. I know that is a strange concept for a lot of us nowadays playing more modern games, but there is absolutely a way to fail. – Steven Sharif
- Events have cooldowns in addition to the predicates that are required to trigger them.
- Events absolutely do have cooldowns that cannot be forced to spawn repeatedly over and over again. Those cooldowns are not just something that's based on a timer, they're also predicated on certain actions occurring within the world. – Steven Sharif
- If events are not triggered within a certain time period, they could occur randomly.
- There may be one-off events.
- Events do not directly impact class effectiveness but there may be ancillary effects in terms of availability of equipment, enchantments or tattoos.
- Calendar events.
- Caravan events.
- Monster coin events.
- Narrative events.
- Node attacks.
- POI events.
- PvP events.
- Événements mondiaux.
Monster coin events
- During a Monster Coin Event, players will be able to activate Monster Coins, allowing them to become monsters and wreak havoc! These Events can be triggered in a variety of different ways, and in some cases they may even provide cosmetic rewards.
- They are structured in a way to prevent groups from gaming the system.
- Monster coin events are triggered by activity in the world, such as node advancement, defeating a boss or constructing certain types of buildings within a node.
- Server messages appear for players in the vicinity of these dynamic events.
- The player will have a number of potential objectives they can choose to attack during the event. This may include node buildings, points-of-interest, dungeon, NPC, or other open-world objective.
- When you're playing as a as a monster from the monster coin use as part of an NPC event that might be targeting a node, or other some other open-world objective or POI, or dungeon, you get to participate as a monster and your focus is completing objectives that have already been prescribed as part of the event. – Steven Sharif
- Drop tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.
- Monster coins only allow a character to participate in events on their own server.
- NPC hate lists do not affect monster coin events.
- Traditionally, the Ancients are not going to be part of the Monster Coin system. These are the primary antagonists of the story. From a lore perspective, and one of the reasons why they're not a part of the Monster Coin system, is because their souls have really developed almost to the point of perfection in manipulating the Essence for more corrupt uses. They haven't quite gotten there, and who knows if they ever will, but that attunes them out of the possibility: The reason why the monster coin system is possible with other creatures. – Steven Sharif
- Tasks refer to node-based objectives that are narrative based.
- Tasks come and go in regional areas; and react to events in the world.
Tasks are hyper-local to individual Nodes, and will be centered around developing the Node that they belong to. If you want to go kill five wolves, this is where you’d do it. You can kill five wolves on your own, and that will count toward Node progression, but if a Task is offered to kill five wolves, then both the Node and your character will get bonus XP when that task is completed. Tasks will be numerous and varied, and will reflect the different gameplay styles that players can engage in within Ashes – there will be crafting, exploration, combat, and gathering oriented tasks (among many others).
- There are quests that interact with PvP. PvP is not a secondary component of the game. PvP is an equitable component of the game. Remember we are a PvX game, which means that we emphasize both PvE quest lines and story modes and content as well as PvP. It is an intended design theory for Ashes of Creation that the world is not filled with just your friends. The world is also filled with adversaries; and because of that we will provide opportunities to encourage social friction; and that may be in the form of these PvP oriented questlines. – Steven Sharif
- There will not be an obligation to login each day.
- Will likely not be RNG based.
- Focused around how changes in the world relate to a player's opportunities.
- Location matters due to the lack of fast travel.
- I don't think those will be RNG based. Those will be probably- you will see the reward structure for those types of quests. Will they be dailies? No they won't be in the sense of what we've experienced dailies in the past where you feel so obligated to log in and like you'll miss these things. It's more gonna be focused around like how the world is changing and how the changes in the world relate to your opportunities; and then if your location's gonna matter because fast travel is not a thing, where you're located at is going to determine your the risk versus reward opportunities that are present; and then depending on the time that those occur. – Steven Sharif
- There will be no "grindy" quests.
- There will not be repetitive quest lines through a single dungeon to obtain gear.
- The aspiration is to have more things to do in the game than a player has time to do.
Il pourrait même exister différents répertoires de quêtes qui existent pour des races spécifiques, et même si vous partagez une quête pour tuer un boss, si vous êtes humain et que je suis un elfe, j'aurais un arc narratif différent qui me dirigera potentiellement dans une direction différente de la vôtre, même si on a pris exactement la même quête ; et cela peut être en rapport avec la culture qui aura contribué le plus dans un nœud déverrouillant différents arcs pour les cultures qui partagent la culture principale d'un nœud - Cela ne verrouillera pas le contenu, mais au contraire ajoutera de la saveur dans une direction différente pour ne pas donner la sensation que tout est préfabriqué. – Steven Sharif
La race est importante car les histoires ont des chemins qui sont également influencés par la culture qui aura contribué le plus dans un nœud... Si vous êtes un Niküa et que vous vous trouvez dans un nœud Niküa qui est principalement composés de Niküa, vous obtiendrez certains services et/ou compétences en tant que membre de la race Niküa auxquels les autres races n'auront pas forcément accès... Ils auront peut-être des suites de quêtes alternatives, mais ils n'auront pas les quêtes spécifiques. Pour ce qui est des quêtes spécifiques aux Niküa elles seront en rapport à la méta-narration qui sera présente dans le monde et elles commenceront à diriger une partie de cette méta-narration ; et ça sera bénéfique pour votre race car ça débloquera certains contenus pour votre race que d'autres races n'ont pas encore débloqués. Donc il y a une forme de motivation présente pour progresser de cette manière pour atténuer le progrès d'une race dominante. – Steven Sharif
There's going to be a lot of shared quests but there's also going to be class-specific quests; and the reason for that is that some classes are better at others than doing certain things and that'll play itself out through the general community quests. That's fine, but there are certain periods from a designer's perspective where you want to make an encounter be the antithesis of what a player is good at. It also gives them perspective because we have a more fluid class combination system where you can play the line in your traditional role by adding a secondary class that's different from your primary classes role. The benefit of having these class-specific quests early on especially in an archetype is that you can come to a determination and have greater experience for the things you're not good at. So you know how to progress your class in the future with the things you have access to that are different from what you're good at.' – Steven Sharif
- Those Quêtes will be influenced by the player's class progression via their choice of primary and secondary archetypes.
So you want to give them storyline that's relevant and make sense for them to their class progression. If I'm a fighter I should be going to a barracks and learning from this dude early on. Later on if I want to take on that mage secondary and I'm more arcane in the things I do, or more based in the essence, then yeah it makes sense for my also again for a catered quest to me that lets me focus on that route in the narrative. – Steven Sharif
- For those solo players who don't really care about finding a community to play with but they want to have one when they need it, there's going to be a lot of opportunities from a dialogue perspective, in-game chat options; you can join as part of citizenships: there's a lot of pseudo factions there- social organizations that give you an in to other players without the strong bonds that typically come with guild-oriented organizations; and I think that that's a comfortable medium between the two. – Steven Sharif
- Certain quest lines and hunting grounds are devoted towards solo players.
- Node citizenship and social organizations provide the ability to interact without the strong bonds that typically come with guild-oriented organizations.
- Mechanics exist within larger conflicts for small groups and solo players to impact the battle.
- This includes systems that will likely focus on single group sized participants while the larger battle is occurring.
- PNJs will have voice acted audio greetings.
- Narrated quest lines are not currently planned for launch. It has been stated that adding voice acting into the game at a later point will be a fairly cosmetic change.
- Certain bosses and creatures will have voice lines along with other audio cues.
- AI voice acting is not currently planned.
- Is it difficult to add voice acting later? No, it's definitely not... It's a fairly cosmetic change. – Steven Sharif
- Voice acting is a fun luxury to have, but it is not only a costly one, but it is also one that takes a lot of logistics. – Steven Sharif
- Mayoral commissions cost gold from the treasury for the mayor to initiate.
- There will be a cap to the number of commissions that can be accepted by a single player.
- Completing mayoral commissions will reward the node with node commodities, node-to-node reputation, mandates, and temporary buffs to buildings or zones.
- Mayoral commissions can be conducted by both citizens and non-citizens, but only citizen contribution will generate mandates for the node.
- Mayoral commissions are distinct from node commissions, which are system generated commissions.
- Q: Is participation always going to be greater for larger nodes by default, or can a small node with close to 100 participation still greatly benefit from them?
- A: That's gonna come down to what commissions the mayor is initiating. Level three nodes aren't going to be initiating mayoral commissions that require thousands of players to participate, because they don't have access to those; where Metropolises that have a huge citizenship base will get access to those kinds of commissions. So the rewards will be proportionate to the node level and the expected amount of citizens. – Chris Justo
System driven caravans
- These are initiated by players with a diverse choice of routes and launch windows, making them difficult to zerg.
- Initiating a caravan from one node to another will create a PvP objective that players will need to defend while it moves along its chosen route to the selected destination.
- Roads will upgrade as nodes advance. Different roads will dictate the speed and type of caravan required (off road vs on road).
- The caravan system is designed to be initiated by the player. Which means, information of the caravans launch time and route, should be a closely guarded secret. Routes will also be diverse, and the world is large, so it might behoove you to scout the route ahead before a launch. Fast travel in our game is also limited, which means unless the guild had knowledge of your plans before hand, it is likely that they will be unable to organize and travel to a location. As far as mass guilds securing trade routes, there is always a bigger fish in the pond. Also caravans will have limitations on carrying capacity and launch windows that will segment mulitiple caravans by several minutes, which would space out the caravans, making it difficult to "zerg" a defense. – Steven Sharif
- Nodes answering these resource requests must have a trade agreement or alliance with the requesting node.
- Once the requesting mayor accepts a fill order from another node, a system driven caravan is spawned to transit the goods.
- Players can participate in helping to defend the caravan if they wish.
- Mayors who need certain resources that either they don't have enough of, or that they're prospectively investing in: they will initiate a mayor request, and any node that sees that request on the mayoral caravan drop-down menu will have an opportunity to attempt to fulfill the trade request. In order to fulfill a trade request, a node must have a certain level of relationship with that requesting node. At a minimum it has to be a trade agreement relationship; and then there's a limited number of those trade relationships that you can have; and that scales up to eventually alliance perspective. And then, once the node requesting mayor accepts a potential fill order, then a system spawned caravan is generated and the transit is completed. Players can participate in helping to defend that or not. – Steven Sharif
There are going to be different speeds that are going to be utilized. So you might be walking through one area and then they might start running and you might have to keep up and that might be time for certain ambushes that are intended along the design path. If you don't address that ambush in a quick manner your escortee has already started running off to the next thing and now he's getting ambushed by the next thing. – Steven Sharif
Quests and reputation
Good actions, such as participating in civilization building, may result in a character gaining positive node reputation. Bad actions taken, such as failing certain quests, may result in gaining negative reputation. This reputation is gained or lost on a per-node basis.
- Negative reputation may open up certain quest lines that the darker, seedier side of the world are interested in.
- The more good aligned or civilization building aligned tasks that you complete, you get higher positive reputation. But if you get low or bad reputation you could be deemed enemy of the state of a node. You could be deemed a bad actor and it might raise prices for you, but it also might open up certain quest lines that the darker, seedier side of the world are interested in. – Steven Sharif
Certain PNJs and node vendors will react differently to player characters based on their reputation within the node or with "factions" within the node (such as social organizations).
- Node reputation affects access to certain node vendors, specific goods or services that they sell, and the pricing of those items.
- Node reputation is a separate mechanic that also deals as a predicate for the vendors that you have access to as a player. And so you can establish that node reputation by doing certain activities within the node, by progressing within certain social organizations, or certain religions within the node; and then that predicate serves as your access either to items granularly within a vendor's access table, or to just vendors as a whole. It just depends; and there's different thresholds you have to meet across different vendors. – Steven Sharif
- NPCs will add a player to their hate list if that player heals, buffs or otherwise assists any player on their hate list.
Removing player corruption
- Mourir retire une part significative du score de corruption du joueur.
- Gagner de l'expérience réduira également lentement le score de corruption du joueur.
- Une quête peut être utilisée pour réduire le compte de player kill (PK) d'un joueur corrompu, afin qu'il accumule moins de corruption dans le futur.
- La durée de la corruption est réduite dans les noeuds militaires.
- Vidéo, 2020-05-31 (6:25).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Vidéo, 2020-05-31 (5:25).
- Direct, 2017-05-15 (20:58).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Forums - Livestream Q&A 2022-08-26.
- Direct, 2017-05-22 (52:39).
- Direct, 2023-02-24 (37:11).
- Vidéo, 2023-03-31 (14:14).
- Vidéo, 2023-03-31 (3:32).
- Vidéo, 2023-03-31 (1:22).
- Vidéo, 2023-03-31 (6:30).
- Vidéo, 2018-04-05 (35:01).
- Direct, 2022-04-29 (1:05:37).
- Direct, 2022-03-31 (1:15:29).
- Direct, 2018-01-18 (39:08).
- Direct, 2023-04-07 (55:22).
- Direct, 2023-03-31 (1:00:16).
- Direct, 2022-10-28 (32:52).
- Direct, 2017-06-01 (37:39).
- Direct, 2019-05-30 (1:18:16).
- Direct, 2017-05-26 (15:37).
- Direct, 2023-04-07 (58:39).
- Vidéo, 2023-03-31 (14:20).
- Vidéo, 2023-03-31 (12:47).
- Entrevue, 2018-10-20 (2:36:25).
- Vidéo, 2023-09-29 (2:59).
- Entrevue, 2023-07-09 (47:05).
- Direct, 2023-03-31 (59:10).
- Vidéo, 2023-03-31 (16:42).
- Direct, 2017-10-31 (29:50).
- Vidéo, 2023-01-27 (9:43).
- Direct, 2023-03-31 (49:32).
- Vidéo, 2023-03-31 (25:20).
- Direct, 2020-07-25 (1:50:20).
- Direct, 2017-05-08 (50:32).
- Entrevue, 2018-04-20 (9:20).
- Types of Events on Verra.
- Direct, 2021-03-26 (23:33).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (23:36).
- Direct, 2017-05-03 (46:18).
- Direct, 2023-04-07 (37:56).
- Direct, 2022-04-29 (44:13).
- Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 2017-04-13.
- Direct, 2022-04-29 (32:29).
- Direct, 2020-06-26 (1:29:06).
- Our immersive world - Environments.
- Direct, 2017-05-08 (20:27).
- Direct, 2021-06-25 (1:13:30).
- Direct, 2021-03-26 (50:03).
- Direct, 2020-11-08 (12:47).
- Vidéo, 2023-09-29 (9:40).
- Direct, 2023-09-29 (42:55).
- Direct, 2023-09-29 (43:47).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (54:35).
- Direct, 2022-04-29 (36:51).
- Direct, 2017-05-10 (40:36).
- Vidéo, 2023-10-31 (34:12).
- Direct, 2022-04-29 (39:00).
- Direct, 2022-04-29 (40:21).
- Direct, 2022-04-29 (41:30).
- Direct, 2022-07-29 (1:20:24).
- Vidéo, 2017-05-25 (0:02).
- IGN: Ashes of Creation first look: An MMO that lets you be the boss.
- Direct, 2023-06-30 (1:50:52).
- Direct, 2017-05-26 (22:19).
- Direct, 2017-05-03 (36:25).
- Direct, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- Direct, 2021-06-25 (1:36:05).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (47:12).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (51:22).
- Direct, 2017-05-12 (42:17).
- Direct, 2023-05-31 (1:06:47).
- Entrevue, 2018-08-17 (23:47).
- Direct, 2017-05-30 (9:34).
- Direct, 2017-05-15 (26:13).
- Entrevue, 2018-08-24 (4:15).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (29:56).
- Entrevue, 2018-05-11 (1:00:19).
- Direct, 2019-07-26 (1:13:23).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (44:29).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (46:10).
- Vidéo, 2022-09-30 (23:13).
- Direct, 2022-09-30 (2:40).
- Direct, 2017-05-08 (28:48).
- Entrevue, 2018-10-20 (2:22:09).
- Direct, 2018-04-8 (AM) (25:12).
- Direct, 2023-05-31 (45:26).
- Forums - Livestream Q&A - May 31, 2023.
- Direct, 2018-04-8 (AM) (24:14).
- Blog: Development Update with Village Node.
- Direct, 2023-08-31 (39:17).
- Direct, 2023-08-31 (43:07).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-08 (1:04:05).
- Direct, 2023-08-31 (42:05).
- Direct, 2023-08-31 (43:27).
- Direct, 2023-08-31 (2:10:23).
- Vidéo, 2019-07-15 (2:12).
- Direct, 2017-07-28 (19:43).
- Direct, 2018-02-09 (45:48).
- City hall.
- Direct, 2021-12-23 (1:26:36).
- Direct, 2023-08-31 (1:06:01).
- Direct, 2023-07-28 (1:19:55).
- Direct, 2023-02-24 (1:22:04).
- Direct, 2020-02-28 (1:14:38).
- Direct, 2017-11-17 (29:45).
- Direct, 2017-05-26 (48:48).
- Direct, 2017-10-31 (30:34).
- Direct, 2018-07-09 (20:41).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-19 (30:51).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-18 (44:35).
- Direct, 2018-06-04 (2:18).