I'm more of the mind that it wouldn't really serve a purpose to have bikini plate armor, just in like reality, if you're going to have armor, it should be protective. I think from a fashion statement is enjoyable for some people, but it's a kind of an immersive issue. – Steven Sharif
- Cosmétiques can be used by all races but there may be slight variations to make them work with the body builds of each race.
- 1 Appearance slots/Transmogs
- 2 Racial weapons and armor
- 3 Crafted items
- 4 Apparences
- 5 Artistic style
- 6 Mana-forged armor
- 7 Modular armor
- 8 Attachments
- 9 Gear slots
- 10 Gear inspection/ Threat assessment
- 11 Gear sets
- 12 Item creation suite
- 13 Racial skins
- 14 Costumes
- 15 Kickstarter weapon skins
- 16 Backer only armor skin
- 17 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- 18 Artwork
- 19 Voir également
- 20 Les références
- There are rules when applying cosmetics to specific items, unlike costumes, which don't have level restrictions.
- Cosmetic slots can be toggled on or off by the player.
- A "default player appearance" may be automatically applied during sieges or other large scale battles to improve client-side performance.
Racial weapons and armor
La personnalisation des équipements par race se concentre vraiment sur les sets d'armure et non les armes. Les armes seront, concernant les models, plutôt identiques entre les races. – Steven Sharif
Disons que vous avez le set de l'Aigle ou quelque chose du genre, bon: l'Aigle a son image, il a un design thématique qui inclura des raccords à l'armure. Cela inclura une palette de couleurs et un thème. Il aura des aspects le définissant comme set de l'Aigle. Quand un elfe porte le set de l'Aigle ou quand un Orc le porte, vous avez là évidement deux cultures différentes; et vous ne voulez pas écraser cette culture en assignant un de facto 'ceci est le set de l'Aigle et voilà à quoi il ressemble pour tout le monde'. Ce qu'on veut c'est que ce soit l'influence culturelle qui donne le style au set. – Steven Sharif
Quand vous dites, comment faire si je suis un Orc mais que je veux ressembler à un Elfe et je veux que mon set de l'Aigle soit la version Elfe ? Le problème commence par le fait que les Orcs ont un model organique différent des Elfes. Vous savez, leur corps sont différents. Donc au niveau de l'augmentation du projet, c'est une chose que d'ajouter différentes influences culturelles appliquées aux armures; s'en est une autre d'adapter chaque influence dans une matrice qui peut être portée par n'importe quoi. Du point de vue du projet, c'est une tache très difficile à aborder pour l'artiste du personnage. Donc à la place ce qu'on a fait est, dans le but de faciliter la variété culturelle entre les races mais aussi de permettre le partages des biens comme les sets d'armures, de donner différentes représentations aux sets d'armures pour chaque race. – Steven Sharif
- Highest tier items will be a combo of both crafted and boss dropped.
- Crafters will be able to assign different skills/abilities and stats on gear.
- The rarity of the items will be commensurate with the effort required to gather, process and craft the items.
That plays into our crafting system in and of itself right. The idea is for those stats to be variables that can be kind of dictated based on the mastery level of the particular crafter; and the higher they become a master of those professions, whether it be for armor or for weapons or for accessories, they're going to have some agency and put their mark on essentially what items they're introducing into the economy. – Steven Sharif
- At the moment, harnessing corruption to warp items into demonic or decayed things is not on the cards.
- A crafter's name is embedded in the items they craft.
We believe that every item that exists in the world should in some way reflect its creator. As such, there will be extreme versatility in our crafting system – giving crafters the ability to create unique items that represent their strengths and weaknesses.
Crafting and World Bosses will be the main way to obtain high-level gear. There are some exceptions to this in the form of Legendary items (single server drops or discoveries), and other equipment that may drop wholesale, but we want Artisans and top tier raiding to produce the lion’s share of high level, high effectiveness equipment. – Sarah Flanagan
- Skins are cosmetic items that do not grant the user any benefit.
- Skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within Ashes of Creation.
- Flavor text relates to the lore and background of creatures and items in the world of Verra.
- Costumes do not include any weapons pictured.
- Caravan skins change the appearance of an in-game mount and in-game caravan that are hooked up to each other.
- Equitable cosmetics, both from a quantity and quality standpoint, are achievable through in-game means.
- Nothing in the cosmetic store will be pay to win.
Nothing in our shop will ever be pay to win as we believe this practice greatly hurts the MMORPG genre.
- Cash shop cosmetics will offer a diverse selection of unique looks.
I want to incentivize purchase in the cosmetic shop for sustainability of what expansions we have intended, since we are not a box cost. I want to incentivize purchase by offering limited items: limited time, limited quantity, so you have confidence that when you purchase them, they won't be offered later on in some other way. – Steven Sharif
- All cosmetic store items will be non-tradeable. There will be no gifting mechanism for cosmetic items.
- Tous les éléments artistiques de Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale ont été réalisé par Intrepid Studios.
On arrive à se rapprocher un peu plus du réalisme au niveau des graphismes, notamment grâce à l'Unreal Engine 4... Je voulais éviter le cartoon. Je ne suis d'ailleur pas un grand fan des jeux trop stylisés. – Steven Sharif
Verra will be filled with many sets of armor, each set uniquely carved into the history of the world. Mana-forged sets are distinctly vibrant with luminescent magic, pulsating across the body of its hero. We hope you enjoy them, and look forward to many more glimpses into the armors of Verra, waiting for their champions! – Margaret Krohn
Your base look for the character can be pretty boring, but what Steven gave us a challenge with from day one was to make sure even the base look, the t-shirt and pants, looked amazing... This is your zero character, if you will... Then you can go in and customize everything from the shoulder pads to the elbow pads, the belt that goes around them; do you want duel belts, you want to harness the clothes in the front. So every piece you see on here you can actually customize that at the front end. So what we do is we scale that up from zero, ten and twenty... We scale it up and we customize it; and then I want to really stress that each one of those looks as you progress is different. We're not just repurposing the same armor pieces. We're making unique sets that complement each other as you progress. – Mat Broome
You can actually have three different types of themes: You have plate, you'll have leather and you'll have robe. So for every armor set that we're showing at each one of those tiers, you're actually gonna have nine unique looks to pick from. – Mat Broome
- There will be hundreds of attachments available ranging from a small clasp to the front plate of a breast plate.
- 8 emplacements d'armure
- 5 emplacements de bijoux
- 2 emplacements d'armes
- 1 emplacements d'arme à distance
Items on back and belt
Items attached to a character's back or belt represent items they are in possession of. Players can set the appearance priority for the items they wish to show. Only one item can show at a time, and that is determined by player choice.
The idea is to kind of move away from the mundane kind of application of belts in previous MMOs where they don't really have a lot of character so to speak. But in reality you know as an adventurer you come with a lot of tools and things that you have to use out in the wild in order to achieve what you're trying to achieve. So we wanted to kind of represent that on your character and give you something that can actually be tangible for your character and see there. I think it adds a lot of character and flavor to your identity. – Steven Sharif
- Characters performing ranged abilities will switch to the ranged weapon, then can switch back to the melee weapon and shield or two-handed melee weapon.
- The weapon held in the main hand slot determines the active weapon ability.
Do I want my main hand to be my ranged weapon or do I want my main hand to be my melee weapon with regards to skill usage. For example, with the Ranger, if you have a range skill it'll automatically swap regardless of what your main weapon hand is, but for the combat ability for the "Auto Attack" feature it would be your chosen weapon. – Steven Sharif
- The cooldown will be in the range of a few seconds.
For the MMORPG we want there to be some time between damage received or damage done before you can swap your weapon. It's not going to be substantial. It will maybe be a few seconds. – Steven Sharif
Gear inspection/ Threat assessment
- This will indicate the type of gear (cloth, leather, plate) that they are predominantly wearing.
- The border will indicate the level and quality of the tier set.
- This also indicates if the gear is enchanted.
- The developers believe that inspecting gear to obtain an exact equipment list or gear score may lead to "unwelcome behavior".
When you see a player approaching you and they're wearing a transmog you know you don't know if that person is a high damage mitigation against physical damage or against magical damage and essentially the way we overcome that is through you being able to target a player at a distance and they will have a buff that's present on them that you will see, which indicates that essentially the piece set that they are wearing. It is important for players to be able to ascertain from a threat assessment standpoint you know what they're going up against if they're actively checking that and that will be available. – Steven Sharif
Being by default able to see a person's "gear score" / equipment list... may cause unwelcome behavior.
- This can be the first or last name (family name).
- The name of the character's Guild is displayed next to their name.
- The character's nameplate will deteriorate to give an indication of how much damage they have taken.
- An icon will identify the character's class.
- Hovering over the user's nameplate will show information such as level, their class name and archetype combo.
- A buff icon indicates the character's gear and grade.
- Different tiers of gear are accessible based on a character's level.
- Players gain bonuses depending on the number of pieces of the set they have equipped.
- There are passive abilities that can be chosen to become more adept with certain set types.
- There will be viable non-set builds.
- Apparence raciale of gear sets is tied to the character model of that race.
Item creation suite
- Racial skins transform the race of the character to that skin. The original racial appearance of the character is entirely replaced.
- Racial skins can be toggled on and off.
There are plans to create other racial skins.
- Some potential future ideas include undead and werewolf (lycan) skins.
- Les costumes ne sont pas verrouillés par genre.
- Les costumes sont des tenues d'une pièce qui recouvrent la totalité d'un ensemble (équipement).
Kickstarter weapon skins
- Usable on all types of weapons.
- Include subtle and tasteful glow/particle effects.
Backer only armor skin
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse weapon variants
|Basic axe.||Hallowed Bronze Axe.||Arcanic Bronze Axe.||Pyroclastic Bronze Axe.||Eldritch Bronze Axe.|
|Thundering Mace.||Hallowed Mace.||Arcanic Mace.||Pyroclastic Mace.||Eldritch Mace.|
- Between 15 and 20 cosmetic rewards are earnable in every chapter.
- Daily and weekly quests will allow players to gain up to 50 levels (matching the intended level cap for the Ashes of Creation MMORPG).
- Advancing through these levels allows players to unlock unique cosmetic rewards, such as weapon skins.
You're going to have an adventuring path and that adventuring path is going to come with weekly quests and daily quests that you can participate in that will be available for the Castle sieges for the Horde and for the Battle Royale; and as you complete these quests you're going to gain experience; and right now you have up to 50 levels, which matches the intended cap for Ashes of Creation. Fifty levels of the adventure path that you can advance in; and as you advance in each of these levels you're going to be unlocking certain assets, such as these weapon skins. Now the great thing about player's progress in Apocalypse is that you will share the same account from Apocalypse to Ashes of Creation the MMORPG and anything that you earn in Apocalypse will be in Ashes of Creation the MMORPG- a unique as a skin exactly: A skin that you will have access to for helping us test write Apocalypse and preparing these different Alpha and Beta stages for Ashes of Creation. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse gear appearances
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cloak appearances
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse cosmetic rewards
Progression and experience tracking for participation in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse testing entitled players to earn unique cosmetic rewards. These earned rewards will carry over in player's accounts to live launch of the MMORPG.
- Armor appearances.
- Freehold building skins.
- Weapon skins.
One of the ways we want to give back to the Community in participating in this testing is allowing for progress, quests, achievements rewards to be gained in Apocalypse... You will have rewards and quests and achievements that you and your participation and your performance in that game, whether it be the Castle Siege, the Horde Mode or the Battle Royale will earn you cosmetics. There will be costumes. There will be mounts to earn. There will be housing and furniture. There will be emotes. There will be weapon variants. A lot of these are what we have in production for our project Ashes of Creation, we apply some variants and skins for and make them only available through participating in helping us test these different game modes. And they will carry over to your account on the MMORPG. – Steven Sharif
The account used for Apocalypse is the same account used for the MMORPG. Unique skins earned in Apocalypse will be added to the MMORPG as rewards for helping to prepare for the Alpha and Beta stages of Ashes of Creation.
- Cosmetic skins are only be able to be applied to things that have already been earned, crafted or found within the Ashes of Creation MMORPG.
- Skins earned in Apocalypse will be available to apply at certain tiers, levels and/or access points within the MMORPG.
So it's not that you'll be able to equip necessarily an item at level one. These are all cosmetic skins. Again we are not about the pay-to-win or pay-to-convenience life. What we want to do instead is as you earn, craft, or find equipment in the MMORPG, these skins that you've earned in Apocalypse will be available at certain tiers, levels and/or access points. So for example, we have different grades of mounts right. We have the base one land mounts. We have the the Royal mounts. We have the flying mounts if you're a mayor or King or Queen. We have legendary mounts. These classes of mounts will have available skins associated with those particular classes... If you have the Ramstider skin that you've earned from Apocalypse, you'll be able to apply that to your first land mount, which will probably be earned within the first five levels you'll earn a land mount. However if you have let's say for example the Gryphon, which will be a glideable mount. I'm sorry what's the name of the what's the name of the night one. The midnight- is the midnight bird or something like? The Nighthunter Gryphon. I think that's it. If you have that skin you'll only be able to apply that skin to a Royal mount so you'll still have to earn these things. Remember our position is that of: You need to earn these things in Ashes first. They're not purchasable or earned outside in Apocalypse and you're granted that immediately. These are skins that you apply to the things you earn in Ashes. – Steven Sharif
One thing that we announced to our alpha one backers that I know they love clarity on is that we'll also be including progression and experience tracking for participation and testing that will entitle them to some unique cosmetics as well that reflect on the lore of this setting, which is before the fall. So you'll be able to acquire some armors that reflect some of the ancient cultures of Verra that you will earn and hold for live launch. – Steven Sharif
2020-12-31 2019-06-30 2019-06-30 2019-06-29
- Direct, 2020-04-30 (50:45).
- Vidéo, 2019-06-27 (3:50).
- Direct, 2020-05-29 (50:20).
- Direct, 2017-05-26 (19:51).
- Reddit Q&A, 8 January 2019.
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (53:43).
- Direct, 2017-07-18 (54:56).
- Direct, 2017-07-28 (9:47).
- Direct, 2020-10-30 (1:13:22).
- Direct, 2017-09-03 (48:56).
- Direct, 2020-11-30 (1:05:22).
- Direct, 2017-05-24 (24:19).
- Entrevue, 2018-08-24 (5:28).
- Direct, 2017-11-17 (22:33).
- Direct, 2020-11-30 (57:50).
- Direct, 2018-02-09 (50:29).
- Direct, 2020-07-25 (54:10).
- Direct, 2019-11-22 (1:08:05).
- Direct, 2019-07-26 (54:06).
- Direct, 2017-05-26 (44:11).
- Direct, 2017-05-26 (20:46).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (55:17).
- Direct, 2017-05-05 (14:45).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (59:58).
- Direct, 2020-12-22 (1:15:01).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Ashes of Creation Store: Gear appearance.
- Direct, 2020-11-30 (56:02).
- Rime and Regal
- Direct, 2018-12-06 (41:43).
- Direct, 2020-11-30 (58:24).
- Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- Direct, 2020-07-25 (1:53:46).
- Direct, 8 April 2018 (PM) (58:29).
- Entrevue, 2018-05-11 (32:36).
- Entrevue, 2018-10-20 (2:17:43).
- Entrevue, 2018-10-20 (2:28:08).
- Blog: 2019-02-28 State of the Game Live-stream and Mana-forged Armor
- Direct, 2018-08-17 (20:19).
- Direct, 2018-08-17 (22:59).
- Direct, 2018-08-17 (22:33).
- Entrevue, 2018-10-20 (3:34:46).
- Direct, 2020-01-30 (25:39).
- Direct, 2017-07-28 (24:54).
- Direct, 2019-05-30 (1:09:13).
- Direct, 2018-06-04 (19:48).
- Direct, 2020-01-30 (49:08).
- Entrevue, 2018-05-11 (16:32).
- Direct, 2017-06-30 (47:14).
- Direct, 2017-06-16 (40:06).
- Direct, 2017-07-28 (33:36).
- Vidéo, 2018-08-17 (0:01).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-18 (1:03:45).
- Direct, 2019-05-30 (1:15:58).
- Direct, 2017-07-28 (34:32).
- Direct, 2020-08-28 (2:07:26).
- Direct, 2020-07-25 (53:08).
- Direct, 2020-06-26 (1:28:10).
- Direct, 2017-07-28 (1:34:55).
- Direct, 2017-07-28 (23:20).
- Entrevue, 2018-05-11 (2:45).
- Direct, 2017-05-22 (51:00).
- Direct, 2020-07-25 (1:33:37).
- Direct, 2020-01-30 (1:40:48).
- Direct, 2021-01-29 (1:21:01).
- Direct, 2020-11-30 (48:39).
- Direct, 2020-11-30 (54:29).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-18 (1:02:08).
- Direct, 2017-11-17 (56:07).
- Direct, 2017-05-24 (24:20).
- Direct, 2017-05-12 (1:04:04).
- Direct, 2020-05-29 (1:42:43).
- Kickstarter 12k+ backers.
- Direct, 8 April 2018 (AM) (4:47).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Vestments of the Runecarvers.
- May The 4th, Be With You... And also some skins.
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter.
- Direct, 2018-12-06 (26:03).
- Direct, 2018-12-06 (26:23).
- Bronze Axe Skins.
- Direct, 2018-12-06 (28:08).
- Direct, 2018-12-06 (28:12).
- Direct, 2018-12-06 (28:19).
- Direct, 2018-12-06 (28:30).
- Direct, 2018-12-06 (28:37).
- Thundering Mace Skins.
- Direct, 2018-12-06 (28:43).
- Direct, 2018-12-06 (28:47).
- Direct, 2018-12-06 (28:51).
- 2018-12-08 Newsletter.
- Direct, 2018-12-06 (28:45).
- Direct, 2018-12-06 (33:55).
- Direct, 2018-12-06 (26:12).
- Blog: October Giveaway - Free Armor of the Autumn Knight.
- Direct, 2018-10-31 (38:47).
- Direct, 2018-09-27 (27:27).