- Arenas will have 1 man, 3 man, 5 man and possibly 20 man Free-For-All (Deathmatch) group sizes.
- There will be an arena ladder system.
- Maires of military nodes are chosen from citizens through last man standing (gladiatorial arena style) combat.
- The arena system may support cross-server combat.
- Arena style combat is instanced but spectators may be possible through an interface.
- 1 Group sizes
- 2 PvP seasons
- 3 Military node arena
- 4 Server vs server
- 5 Esports
- 6 Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- 7 Artwork
- 8 Voir également
- 9 Les références
- The party size is eight (8) players for a single group.
- Raids will have 40 man groups.
- Content will be tailored for 40, 16 and 8 person group sizes.
- Arenas will have 1 man, 3 man, 5 man and possibly 20 man Free-For-All (Deathmatch) group sizes.
- Siège de Château are expected to have at minimum 250x250 players to be on a single battlefield, with the possibility of increasing this to 500x500 over time.
The idea behind an 8-person group is to allow us to really amplify party roles, and to create a need for each of the archetypes in every party.
- Mechanics exist within larger conflicts for small groups and even solo players to impact the battle.
- This includes systems that will likely focus on single group sized participants while the larger battle is occurring.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse group sizes
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale will have party sizes of up to 5.
- Guild mode will have parties of raids of up to 20.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges will have parties of 5 within a raid, with 5 raids for each of the two teams.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode will have a party size of 5 with a total of ten groups, making for 50 players.
Performance in various JcJ systems (such as Caravanes, Arenas, Guerres de guilde) is measured over the course of 6 month PvP seasons. At the end of each season, a player's cumulative score may unlock various rewards.
- Rewards for arena ladders will be revealed at a later time.
- Titles can be received from arena play.
- Arena points that can be used to buy gear are not currently in the design.
Gear enhancement rewards
We are very likely going to have a rune system and then we'll have the ability to sort of enchant weapons outside of that too... That's not always going to be like a vertical progression... Some of it's going to be giving up something to get something else; so maybe I do less physical damage but more magical damage, that kind of thing. – Jeffrey Bard
- Progression in various JcJ systems will unlock enchantment stones that grant temporary PvP-focused benefits to gear (via a socketing system). Performance is measured over six month PvP seasons.
It's not as though you're going to necessarily acquire these once and then you're set for your PvP enchantments, but instead you'll have to continually perform month after month in order to keep having those slotted enchantments. – Steven Sharif
- Number of successful siege defenses.
- Number of successful siege assaults.
- Number of JcJ kills.
- Raid participation points.
- Number of firsts.
Visibility of those types of things on the server help to promote a competitive atmosphere. If there is an attainable impression that you can work towards, so that others know your success, you have more drive to succeed. – Steven Sharif
When the guild participates in guild wars or they participate in sieges, you'll be able to climb the ranks of your inter-guild ladder as well so you get bragging rights amongst your friends. – Steven Sharif
Military node arena
- Une idée est en cours d'étude où les joueurs construiraient leurs propres champion qui pourraient combattre dans l'arène, plutôt que d'utiliser leurs propres personnages. Ces champions pourront être équipés avec de l'Equipement, des Compétences via des Quêtes, ainsi qu'avec des Matériaux et de l'Or pour rendre le champion plus fort.
- La raison pour laquelle cette idée de champion est étudié est parce que le jeu n'est pas équilibré pour du JcJ 1v1. Utiliser des champions rend le combat d'arène plus comme un terrain de jeu.
- Le style de combat d'arène est instancié mais il serait possible d'avoir des spectateurs avec une interface.
Server vs server
- There may be monthly competitions where the winning server and winning team receive beneficial buffs for the month.
When you're talking about Arena play especially, one server might not be able to support that depending on what's going on with it, but across all the servers then we've got a really great pool for matchmaking. – Jeffrey Bard
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse will be implemented side-by-side with the Ashes of Creation MMORPG.
- 6.25 km2 map size.
- A Créateur de personnages will be available to allow creation and saving of characters for use in the MMORPG.
- Establish Habitation de joueur and save Meubles arrangements for use in the full game.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale
- This is a last man standing JcJ combat mode.
- Armes and armor found in the world have unique skills associated with them. These interact with the terrain from defensive, offensive and utility standpoints.
- Players can build buildings and structures such as watchtowers, defensive pillboxes and arcane structures.
- Everything in the world apart from rocks and trees is destructible.
It's going to have a lot of high octane energy and activity. It's going to be very streamable. It's going to be no NDA. There's going to be a lot of different weapons and skills that were going to be testing. Each of the weapons and armor that you can find in the world are going to have unique spells and skills associated with them that interact with the terrain from a defensive standpoint, from a utility standpoint, from an offensive standpoint. It's going to be able for you to build buildings, complete structures, watchtowers and defensive pillboxes type structures: Arcane structures. You're going to have a lot of fun activity there. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges
- Takes place in and around large destructible castles.
- Matches are expected to last thirty to thirty-five minutes. This duration can be modified by control points captured during the match.
- There will be 200 players in a match (100 v 100).
- Class kits come into play during the testing of Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges.
- The ability to host a session and challenge an opponent or guild may be present post-launch of castle siege mode.
The Castle Siege mode is another example of a playable slice of the MMORPG that Apocalypse is providing early testing for. While it’s a somewhat smaller scale experience than the one you’ll have in the MMO, the overall flow of taking and defending a castle will remain similar. There’s some additional systems you’ll see in the final product, like the influence of Nodes over the available defensive emplacements, the crafting and deploying of custom siege weapons, and the summoning of siege monsters. These are all things that we’ll be adding on top of this mode upon our release of Ashes of Creation. – Margaret Krohn
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse horde mode
- Each wave is more difficult than the last.
- Between waves, players collect experience, money and weapons to take back to their hold to defend against the next wave.
- Pièces de Monstres enable players to join the game as part of the horde.
Horde mode will absolutely include boss mechanics, so some of the ideas behind that is going to have a wave mode of a variety of NPCs will likely include some achievable cosmetics as well in that mode depending on how far you can get and those cosmetics will include pets of the NPCs that you face, so like a little miniature version of the NPC's and we'll update those as well, that you'll have in the MMO. – Steven Sharif
- Testing the blackboard for the AI.
- PNJs with different adaptive AI focuses:
It's a way that we thought it would be kind of fun to implement AI mechanics that we're looking to implement. Testing the you know the blackboard for the AI. Being able to have variable types of NPCs that have roles whether it be like a sniper, ranged, melee, boss, heroic you know kind of different AI focuses for those monsters during interesting situations. – Steven Sharif
- Direct, 2017-08-23 (16:44).
- Direct, 2017-05-05 (16:53).
- Direct, 2017-05-26 (48:12).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (52:20).
- Direct, 2017-05-26 (29:13).
- Entrevue, 2020-03-27 (11:04).
- Direct, 2020-11-30 (1:20:25).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Direct, 2017-05-09 (34:38).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Direct, 2017-05-08 (28:48).
- Entrevue, 2018-08-17 (18:53).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-18 (16:34).
- Direct, 2018-06-04 (1:11:19).
- Direct, 2018-06-04 (21:37).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-18 (14:22).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:47:21).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-29 (14:28).
- Direct, 2017-07-18 (58:50).
- Direct, 2017-05-15 (44:10).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-19 (26:54).
- Entrevue, 2020-03-27 (09:05).
- Direct, 8 April 2018 (PM) (36:21).
- Direct, 2017-05-26 (29:05).
- Direct, 8 April 2018 (PM) (39:48).
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse official site.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Early Access.
- Vidéo, 2019-09-24 (0:10).
- Direct, 2018-10-31 (35:00).
- Direct, 2018-10-31 (38:47).
- Entrevue, 2018-08-24 (13:17).
- Direct, 2018-08-17 (30:29).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:07:59).
- Direct, 2018-09-01 (1:05:10).
- Direct, 2018-09-27 (9:08).
- Direct, 2019-09-30 (0:10).
- Direct, 2018-10-31 (40:44).
- Vidéo, 2019-09-27 (1:08:29).
- Direct, 2018-09-27 (11:03).
- Direct, 2018-09-01 (56:11).
- Entrevue, 2018-10-20 (3:19:04).
- Vidéo, 2019-03-08 (0:00).
- Direct, 2019-10-31 (11:05).
- Direct, 2018-09-01 (54:06).
- Castle Siege Overview.
- Entrevue, 2018-08-17 (8:16).
- Entrevue, 2018-12-06 (38:10).
- Entrevue, 2018-08-08 (4:00).