- Les donjons en monde ouvert seront peuplés en fonction des groupes présents dans le donjon.
- Des donjons instanciés seront également présents et serviront aux quêtes solitaires et de groupe.
l y aura des donjons linéaires plus petits, plus simples. Il y aura des donjons non linéaires plus grands, plus complexes. Donc, c'est un peu des deux. Nous voulons que l'environnement soit un personnage. Pour que l’environnement soit un personnage, il faut que ces lieux soient intéressants et dynamiques. – Jeffrey Bard
- As nodes advance and expand they will influence nearby points-of-interest such as dungeon bosses, regional bosses and Raid bosses.
- Multiple nearby nodes may collectively influence larger POIs.
- POIs of this size do not normally attach to just a single node. Usually there are multiple nodes that can potentially influence a large POI. The theming within the node occurs around storylines or NPC spawns and events. – Steven Sharif
List of notable dungeons
- Breaker's Penitentiary
- Cerulean Grotto
- Deepheart Cove
- Drythorne Gulch
- Dünzenkell Crypt
- Fallow's Hold
- Hungering Maw
- Illwind Ruins
- Manaspring Hollow
- Ruins of Restless Spirits
- Sporelight Caverns
- The Tower of Carphin
- The Underroost
- Underrealm Entrance
- Volcano dungeon
Échelle de donjon
- Cavernes massives et espace en monde ouvert.
- Des endroits pour convenir à des engagements plus grands et plus petits.
- Où les personnes avec 30 minutes peuvent participer.
- Les donjons sont vastes et ont de la place pour plusieurs groupes.
Les bosses appartiennent aux types suivants, avec des niveaux de difficultés et des tableaux de butin croissants, nécessitant un plus grand nombre de joueurs pour être tuer selon le niveau de difficulté.
- Bosses de donjon.
- Bosses de raid.
- Bosses régionaux/Bosses de monde.
Liste des boss de donjon
- The Ancients and The Others used the Harbingers to travel to Verra, thus beginning the Apocalypse.
- Harbingers exist on Verra as dungeons that the Ancients use to push their influence into the material plane under the guise of the effects of corruption as it spreads.
- The worst thing the Harbingers bought to Verra was corruption, which twists and distorts everything it touches.
- The worst thing that the Harbingers brought was not the Others, but the corruption that they spread. It twists and distorts everything it touches. It whispers in the ears of men, and guides their hands toward terrible ends. There does not seem a means to stop it - our prayers do nothing, our spells are ineffectual. The awful truth is that the Others could simply watch as we burned Verra to ash ourselves.
- The first party to obtain a tag (on a mob or boss) will gain an approximately 5-10% edge over competing parties in terms of the total damage done when determining looting rights.
- These numbers will be balanced based on testing.
- At the end of the fight, the party with the highest damage done, including first tagging bonus, will be granted looting rights.
- We have a blended approach of damage done and a tag benefit. So if you tag the boss first, or you tag the loot- whatever the loot target is first- you're gonna get a benefit in the damage overall determination. So if you need to have 51% of damage done in order to qualify your raid, or the plurality of damage done if there's even three or four raids, then tagging first might give you a five or ten percent edge. We'll play with that number- balance it based on testing, but generally that's our approach in competing loot rights – Steven Sharif
- Q: If looting rights are based on a blended tag and damage done system, will there be any mechanics in place to ensure roles like tanks and healers have an equal shot even when they haven't dealt as much damage?
- A: That's the reason for the blended approach. The reason that we're doing a hybrid system between tag and damage done is for the purposes of those classes who may not be as DPS oriented as other classes. The tag system- all classes are going to have a sprinkling of immediate effects- of instantaneous casts and they can use that to tag a target, and that'll give them a modifier on the looting rights: So plus 10 or plus 15 will balance that, but it'll give them plus 10 to 15 on overall damage done if they tag the target and then their damage will make up the remainder of that percentage completion. So if I do 50 damage to a target but someone else has the tag I'm not going to be able to claim that looting right. They'll have done the other 50 plus 10 or 15. – Steven Sharif
- If you want to be able to get those mats from the boss, they're just not going to drop for anybody. They will only drop for a master gatherer who is capable of extracting those resources from the creature itself... The reason why we say there's a lot of interdependencies between the crafters of the world and the raiders of the world and our PvPers of the world is because we don't want to house the capability to attain these things all within the adventuring class. We want there to be an influence necessary from the craftsmen's guild to come in to either come and participate and spoil the boss and gather the goods or something along those lines. – Steven Sharif
Tables de Butin
- Monsters drop glint, Articles and crafting materials rather than gold.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- Crafted gear is the best gear in Ashes of Creation.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Statistiques on dropped items will vary based on the rarity of the item.
- Loot tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.
- Experience debt decreases the drop rate percentages from monsters.
- Loot tables will likely not be affected by weather conditions. This was previously listed as a possible effect.
Glint (previously known as Hunting certificates and Monster certificates) is a bound currency that drops from mobs and players, and is offered as a reward for completing certain quests, events, and achievements. Glint is intended to be the primary method for generating gold in the Ashes of Creation economy.
- Glint serves a very integral role in the economy within Ashes of Creation. It is a material substance that is acquired through various means, but primarily hunting different antagonists within the world; and it is the physical form of Essence within the beasts of Verra. So when you acquire this it is bound to your character, and that is a very important component of the economic systems here because glint will be used to pay for certain services, such as taxation for buildings that you have, or citizenship dues that are necessary. – Steven Sharif
- Glint is not localized to specific regions. Previously it was stated that glint was specific to an economic region.
- Glint occupies space within the spatial inventory system and must be transported via crates when in large quantities.
- Glint can be sold directly to commodities vendors at hunting lodges within nodes to "make some quick money".
- Glint may be traded with commodities vendors for player commodities. These commodities can then be transported to other nodes (via caravan or merchant ship) where they can be traded for gold. The gold value is based on the demand for the commodity at the destination node (over the last seven days) as well as its distance from the originating node.
- Glint will drop as stolen glint on a character's death, based on applicable death penalties. Glint taken from caravan wreckages is also classed as stolen. Stolen glint is not bound and may be redeemed for less than its original value at black market locations.
Des nouveaux points d'intérêt (tel que des donjons et des Bosses d'extérieur) apparaissent à mesure que les Nœuds avancent. Le contenu s'adapte au développement de la zone dans lequel il se trouve.
- Les Populations changeront.
- La difficulté du contenu changera.
- Le contenu lui-même peut être complètement différent, selon ce qui est développé et comment.
- Différents types d'adversaires avec différentes histoires.
- Certains donjons ne se déverrouilleront que si les nœuds sont développés jusqu'à certaines étapes.
- Les objectifs d'histoires pour les joueurs à l'intérieur d'un donjon dépendront des chemins narratifs choisis à travers le système de nœud.
- Les Tables de butins dans les zones et dans les donjons seront liées à la progression dans certaines zones.
Certains donjons et autres points d'intérêt sur la carte vont être affectés par le développement des nœuds sur le serveur. Certains donjons ne seront déverrouillés que si les nœuds sont développés jusqu'à certaines étapes. Les objectifs d'histoires pour les joueurs à l'intérieur d'un donjon dépendront des chemins narratifs choisis à travers le système de nœud. Les Tables de butins dans les zones et dans les donjons seront liées à la progression dans certaines zones. Par exemple, admettons que les humains aient développé un nœud dans la Région A, et une histoire s'est ouverte et dirige les joueurs pour qu'ils inspectent les ruines (donjon) d'une zone proche. Et admettons que ce nœud se soit développé en tant que nœud scientifique (artisanat)… Eh bien avant que ce nœud ait été développé, ce donjon était accessible… Mais maintenant le donjon a propagé des nouveaux objets et monstres qui incluent des tables de butin qui répondront à des besoins d'artisanat grâce au développement de ce nœud scientifique. Et peut être qu'un nouveau boss apparaîtra dans différentes pièces du donjon qui inclura des différents départs de quêtes et d'aventures, comme un objet mystérieux avec une histoire propre qui ne peut être avancée que si un nœud s'est développé jusqu'au statut de métropole dans certaines régions, à travers la planète. Notre système est tellement vaste, quand il s'agit d'interconnectivité et de la manière dont le monde réagit aux joueurs.
- Jumping puzzles were shown in the Alpha-2 Tower of Carphin preview.
- Jumping puzzles were present in early Alpha-1 dungeon gameplay footage.
- Jumping puzzles were present in the Alpha-0 Dünheim dungeon.
- Une performance élevée dans les premières phases de la confrontation augmentera la difficulté des phases suivantes.
- Plus élevée est la difficulté, meilleures seront les tables de butin.
- Les Bosses et monstres se seront pas calibrés automatiquement sur la base de la taille du groupe.
- Q: Will world bosses scale when it comes to player levels and is it based on players or the zone itself leveling?
There will be a mentorship program where upper-level players are able to benefit from partying and/or helping lower level players; and getting them situated in the game.
- Certain node buildings and organizations offer quests that can be initiated by a mentor to assist new players. Rewards are offered to both the mentor and the mentee upon completion.
- There will be activities that are present for higher level players to mentor lower level players. Let's say you have a friend who joins later on and you still want to do things with them, there will be things to do. Will he be able to enter a dungeon of your level and participate? No, because we don't want to inflate or deflate characters and manipulate that type of skill or power. We want that to be something that makes sense for them in a progression standpoint. – Steven Sharif
- The mentorship program provides individual quests that can be initiated by the mentor based off of what node that they are part of. So these are like quests that are determined by either certain buildings and/or organizations or the mayor; and there are specific ones that are available for mentors to provide mentees; and they can also participate in some of those quest lines as well: Whether that be leading your mentee through a dungeon or providing a location for them to arrive with you at, or escort quests for the NPC caravans. These types of things, when done together with your mentor, will provide benefits both for the mentor and the mentee as well, so you're incentivized to participate with new players. – Steven Sharif
- The idea behind an 8-person group is to allow us to really amplify party roles, and to create a need for each of the archetypes in every party.
- Raids will have 40 man groups.
- Content will be tailored for 40, 16 and 8 person group sizes.
- Arènes will have 1 man, 3 man, 5 man and possibly 20 man Free-For-All (Deathmatch) group sizes.
- Siège de Château are expected to have at minimum 250x250 players to be on a single battlefield, with the possibility of increasing this to 500x500 over time.
- The minimum goal is 500 players on a single battlefield. I think we will be able to hit 500vs500 but we shall see. – Steven Sharif
Encounters are designed to have meaning in terms of how boss skills and abilities relate to group compositions, tactics and strategies. Zerging is not experiencing content. There are different ways to make a fight more difficult for larger sized groups without relying solely on stat buffs or making the boss a "damage sponge".
- Raid and dungeon bosses have specific mechanics and abilities that players need to learn and react to. Zergs that are not aware of these mechanics or react to them appropriately will be wiped.
- There may be environmental hazards and AoE effects that cause more damage based on the number of players present.
- There is a give-and-take for guilds that want to see a larger number of members as opposed to a more focused group that may be a part of an alliance.
We're very cognizant of the fact that we don't want to see zerging be a mechanic that's utilized by guilds to accomplish content or just to steamroll over sieges... There are specific mechanics that we are working on that will be seen through the testing phases that relate to a degree of understanding of certain systems that can't just be overrun with numbers. – Steven Sharif
The best way that I found in games I played previously to take down a zerg is to cause drama from within... It's that conflict inside of the politicking that happens in that big organization. If we provide opportunities for division to occur then it also provides stability to keep a server healthy away from that zerg mentality also... If we approach the castle siege and we've destroyed the walls and we're in the throne room and we're about to cast on the penultimate thing and I at this time am just so excited from what's happening that I'm like "screw it I'm gonna go for it". It's gonna be mine. I'm gonna take the taxes for the next month. I'm gonna take all the gear from the castle. I'm gonna take everything... We want that political intrigue to be present in the game. – Steven Sharif
Objective-based game play helps to balance the zerg mentality.
I always feel that if you balance based on groups that in your balance focus is to incorporate features that play well from a player versus player perspective as well as a player versus environment perspective: Having support classes, having DPS and tanks that can obstruct movement and/or create bottlenecks on the field and stuff like that. I think a well-rounded raid it will perform better against a non well-rounded raid, however then you incorporate the second aspect of numbers; and that's where again mobility, organization, leadership tactics. Having objectives in gameplay that make those important helps to balance the zerg mentality that a lot of guilds can tend to have. – Steven Sharif
- There may be instanced locations within castle and node sieges where specific groups can participate in certain objective-based waypoints.
Zerging is always a problem in a lot of these MMORPGs where you really can't control the number of participants in certain open-world systems; and in that sense instancing is a great tool that designers can sometimes use to curate a particular number of participants that you want. But the predominant amount of content within Ashes of Creation, over 80% of which is is open-world content, so instancing is very limited. – Steven Sharif
- Donjons completed.
- Raids completed.
- JcJ kills.
- Caravanes raided.
- Collecte activity.
- We have many dreams that we want to do with game-to-web and game-to-mobile in regards to showing stats and being making things shareable for you. We know how social media works; how sharing content with friends works. But those things will come in due time. – Margaret Krohn
- 2016-12-15 Video - Dungeons First Look - Water Temple
- 2018-02-09 Livestream
- 2018-02-24 Video - Alpha-0 Dünheim Dungeon Lore
2021-01-30 2020-05-29 2020-03-28 2018-08-10 2018-02-28 2018-01-19
- Direct, 2018-01-18 (16:34).
- Direct, 2018-02-09 (4:42).
- Direct, 2017-11-17 (17:50).
- Direct, 2017-06-01 (39:21).
- Direct, 2017-05-22 (20:59).
- Direct, 2018-09-27 (43:21).
- Direct, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Direct, 2017-05-17 (30:53).
- Direct, 2020-03-28 (1:53:18).
- Direct, 2017-05-19 (23:00).
- Direct, 2018-02-09 (45:30).
- Direct, 2020-03-28 (1:58:18).
- Direct, 2020-11-08 (12:40).
- Direct, 2020-11-08 (12:47).
- Entrevue, 2021-06-13 (11:15).
- Dillias diary.
- Direct, 2020-11-08 (0:00:00).
- Direct, 2020-11-08 (11:48).
- Vidéo, 2023-03-31 (7:41).
- Week 1, entry 1.
- Direct, 2022-03-31 (1:23:06).
- Direct, 2020-07-25 (1:24:56).
- Direct, 2022-06-30 (1:16:22).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:44:54).
- Vidéo, 2023-01-27 (16:44).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Entrevue, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- Direct, 2017-05-24 (44:14).
- Entrevue, 2023-09-10 (53:47).
- Direct, 2021-03-26 (1:07:33).
- Podcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- Direct, 2018-04-8 (PM) (55:49).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- Direct, 2022-06-30 (1:18:55).
- Direct, 2020-12-22 (1:15:01).
- Direct, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Former Lineage 2 PvP'er wanting to discuss PvP loopholes.
- Direct, 2022-05-27 (1:14:46).
- Vidéo, 2022-05-27 (2:21).
- Vidéo, 2023-10-31 (4:45).
- Direct, 2023-10-31 (1:06:32).
- Vidéo, 2023-10-31 (3:34).
- Direct, 2021-10-29 (1:06:31).
- Vidéo, 2023-10-31 (5:06).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-19 (1:08:22).
- Entrevue, 2019-04-17 (49:55).
- Vidéo, 2023-10-31 (6:07).
- Vidéo, 2023-10-31 (8:05).
- Direct, 2017-11-17 (36:22).
- Direct, 2017-11-17 (18:29).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Vidéo, 2020-05-31 (26:42).
- Direct, 2017-07-28 (39:49).
- Vidéo, 2023-03-31 (8:47).
- Direct, 2018-02-09 (10:42).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-19 (14:51).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-19 (17:12).
- Direct, 2023-05-31 (43:55).
- Entrevue, 2021-06-13 (24:14).
- Vidéo, 2018-04-05 (40:08).
- Direct, 2020-09-30 (1:07:22).
- Entrevue, 2018-08-24 (8:52).
- Direct, 2022-09-30 (2:40).
- Direct, 2020-11-30 (1:20:25).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Direct, 2017-05-09 (34:38).
- Direct, 2017-05-26 (48:12).
- Direct, 2021-09-24 (52:48).
- Entrevue, 2021-07-08 (57:19).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-19 (44:28).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Direct, 2017-05-05 (23:26).
- Direct, 2017-05-19 (25:18).
- Direct, 2020-11-30 (1:16:09).
- Direct, 2017-05-22 (57:37).
- Entrevue, 2018-05-11 (44:20).
- Entrevue, 2018-08-08 (11:52).
- Direct, 2022-01-28 (17:50).
- Direct, 2023-05-31 (2:21).
- Direct, 2017-07-18 (58:50).
- Direct, 2017-05-15 (44:10).