|Medium||Group content||Group size (8)|
|Large||Raid content||Raid size (40)|
Sailing will be pretty in-depth and it's going to be based on the size of the ship that you're using. So there will be components for seamanship that other players you will need to have on board if you want to operate a vessel to the best of it's abilities: Let's say in combat or traversing just the world. – Steven Sharif
The prevailing thought among the developers is that ship navigation may be through the use of a spyglass that gives direction and skims the horizon, as opposed to "radar" navigation. Ship physics may be simulated to avoid performance issues. Ship assets will likely be released leading in to Alpha-2.
- 1 Ship classes
- 2 Summoning ships
- 3 Ship building
- 4 Naming ships
- 5 Mariner classes
- 6 Combat naval
- 7 Hijacking ships
- 8 Ship destructibility
- 9 Ship repair
- 10 Harbors
- 11 Tides
- 12 Naval content
- 13 Ship skins
- 14 See also
- 15 Les références
- Galleon is a ship class.
- Certain ship classes will have the ability to render Crowd control (CC) effects on other ships, such as a harpoon effects.
- Naval caravans are capable of transitioning to and from land caravans at the point of intersection of land and ocean.
- These caravans will come in varying sizes and capacities.
- By default naval caravans have a racial appearance. Players will be able to apply caravan skins to change this appearance.
- Ships may be able to be summoned in rivers (or other bodies of water) depending on the depth of the water.
- Naval caravans are initiated when a land-based caravan intersects with an ocean.
You can summon your ships up but you'll need to summon them from land, which means that if something happens to your armada out at sea you won't have backups to just summon immediately in the middle of the fight... They'll have to do so from shore somewhere from some port or harbor. – Steven Sharif
- Speed, Hit points, and Damage abilities.
- Aesthetic customization.
- An active GM staff will be monitoring user-created content. Users who upload inappropriate content will place their accounts in jeopardy.
I know previously we had spoken about not allowing custom user images in the game, however I think we're leaning more now in the direction of allowing for custom user images. Absolutely well what it will be is the fact that we're a subscription game and if you want to jeopardize your account by doing the wrong thing with regards to custom users [images] then by all means you may do so and we'll have stringent practices in place to prevent that from actually being an issue. – Steven Sharif
With regards to this UCC question, I think when you have an active an active GM team that you know you are you have directed to care take the product you're going to mitigate a lot of that functionality you don't want to see out of this custom image system. People who look to let's say meme the system are going to be met with the type of enforcement that they don't want to have on their account; and being a subscription-based product and being a risk versus reward and maybe a more old-school approach to character development and progression I think they're gonna take a significant risk in doing things that we don't want them to do, which will result in the jeopardy of their account. So I think that is not going to deter a hundred percent of things- I don't think you ever can deter a hundred percent of things unless we go away from custom images- but I think that we can achieve some parity of essentially enforcement versus infraction ratio that's going to be liveable for everybody. – Steven Sharif
- Guild emblems.
- Armure attachments.
Mariner classes (also referred to as boatsmanship classes, boatsman skills or seamanship) contain different skill trees arranged in a similar manner to Classes artisanales. As a player gains experience in these different skills they become more adept at using them.
- Boat repair
- Ship components
- Defensive skills
- Utility based skills
You can spec into and kind of create your own class based on what things you're doing on the boat... It's gonna be very similar to in structure to like the artisanship trees, so you'll you'll have your mariner class: You'll have different trees in that class. – Jeffrey Bard
Combat naval involves different types of Ships with varying capabilities, armaments and roles to play out on the high seas. There will be a balance and counterbalance between ships from Pvp and PvE perspectives.
Guns and gunpowder
As we said in the past, were not really about that black powder life. Instead it's really going to be focused on the arcane arts: The elements; the use of radiance and darkness; and then those being employed in larger weaponry, such as the type of siege weaponry between ship battles as well as those and sieges. A potion launcher is an example of the arcane energies that can be mastered in order to facilitate these highly destructive alchemical blends that can be created. – Steven Sharif
Certain ships can be hijacked. Naval caravans can not be hijacked. The cargo on a trade ship will be similar to caravans in that the ship must be destroyed in order to capture the loot from its wreckage.
I mean traditionally if we did not use dynamic destruction, that what we would use is decals to simulate damage on the ship based on an overall hit point value. At certain hit point values we would swap out the mesh to show a more destructive state potentially; and that and you know at that point for a user in regards to immersion you know both are very similar from the immersion factor right? – Steven Sharif
- Once repaired, ships can only be launched from land.
- Harbors will likely grant quests that are related to naval content.
- Harbors will provide a number of services including upgrades to boats.
There will be harbors that boats can go inside of those will be present along the coast. Harbors can pop up as a result of a node being developed nearby, if it's near the coast or if a node itself is on the coast it can have a harbor component to it. There will likely be quests that are granted from this harbor, specifically with regards to the sea and sea content; and what you can do in this harbor will be a lot of different things including upgrades to the boats. – Steven Sharif
- Aquatic mounts.
- Underwater dungeons.
- Island chains.
- Naval caravans.
- PvP objectives.
- Trade routes.
- Chasse au Trésor.
- Ashes of Creation Store: Tea transport.
- Livestream, 28 July 2017 (47:53).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (1:12:08).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (54:21).
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (30:53).
- Livestream, 27 September 2018 (54:02).
- Interview, 11 May 2018 (11:51).
- Livestream, 30 April 2020 (56:58).
- Livestream, 30 April 2020 (58:05).
- Livestream, 23 August 2017 (28:22).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (AM) (15:46).
- Livestream, 29 May 2020 (1:28:38).
- Livestream, 24 May 2017 (30:09).
- Podcast, 11 May 2018 (11:51).
- Livestream, 19 May 2017 (50:45).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (36:29).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (46:18).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:05:28).
- Livestream, 17 May 2017 (55:40).
- Interview, 8 July 2020 (48:30).
- Livestream, 31 October 2018 (47:44).
- Interview, 20 October 2018 (3:35:54).
- Livestream, 9 July 2018 (36:05).
- Livestream, 16 June 2017 (43:01).
- Interview, 17 August 2018 (17:57).
- Livestream, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:20:03).
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:07:22).
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:13:00).
- Livestream, 17 August 2018 (58:53).
- Livestream, 9 July 2018 (30:35).
- Livestream, 28 June 2019 (42:55).
- Livestream, 26 July 2019 (1:02:49).
- Video, 9 November 2017 (0:01).
- Kickstarter - We Just Broke $1,500,000!