Salles de guilde
- Guild halls may be placed on guild freeholds or within nodes.
- Guild halls are objectives in guild wars.
- A guild hall only houses a single guild.
Guildhalls are the ultimate expression of a guild's power! In Ashes these structures will serve as focal points for a guild, offering any guilds who construct them a whole host of benefits as well as customization options.
- Allow guilds to participate in the shareholder system.
- Des Emblèmes qui peuvent être appliqués aux armures de Guildes qui peuvent être achetés depuis le Nœud.
- Participation à la Bourse dans ce nœud.
- La possibilité de participer à des missions spécifiques de guilde qui permettront la progression et le développement du niveau d'une guilde.
- L'allocation de points de guilde pour débloquer des Compétences spécifiques de nœud pour les membres de la guilde.
- La possibilité de s'approprier un hall de guilde dans un nœud. Il existe différents avantages et bénéfices à place un hall sur un emplacement de propriété privé.
- Les Villages et en dessous n'ont pas de guildes mécènes.
- Les Villes peuvent avoir 1 guilde mécène.
- Les Cités peuvent avoir jusqu'à 2 guildes mécènes.
- Les Métropoles peuvent avoir jusqu'à 3 guildes mécènes.
Another thing we were talking about I remember early on with regards to guilds is not just that but also having a reputation score; and being able to allocate points to increase that reputation perhaps with a specific node that you may have your guild hall in; and that reputation will interact with the way that NPCs interact with you. It might interact with the way that quests are given in that particular node or merchant services that are present. – Steven Sharif
Guerres de guilde
- Guild war objectives are designed to be more fluid than castle siege objectives.
- Guild wars will not be permanent. Definitive victory conditions exist that are based on the level of the warring guilds and the assets that those guilds have.
I can't really define exactly what those features are yet because that design stage is still up in the air from a discussion standpoint. There's a lot of different ideas that relates to how those two can come into play, but I will say that in every MMO I've ever played guild wars are very binary. They're very like 'Okay you've declared, you have a number of kills to deaths and the guild war's over, thank you...' My objective to kind of change that dynamic is to include greater risk for the sides to initiate the war and also to make it more objective-based than just a binary kill death ratio; and the fortresses and guild halls come into that type of facilitating that change. – Steven Sharif
Objectives spawn in the world based on the level of the guild war and the assets available to the guilds, whether it be a guild hall or guild fortress. There will be default objectives and then there'll be objectives that relate to the activities that a Guild has participated in.
- For example, if a guild has recently become owners of a guild hall on a freehold, objectives might be related to capturing a quest item in or around the guild hall that is only visible to the warring guild. Capturing this objective may require channeling time.
- There might be objectives to steal one of the quest items that the guild may have received from completing a raid.
- There may be bounty objectives to kill a particular guild member. The target may have increased damage mitigation and/or health against the warring guild and can call for help.
If you have a guild hall and a certain type of guild war is declared that is maybe a higher stakes kind of war, some of those objectives will be centralized either at your guild hall, at the opponent's guild hall; could be a progression step towards the guild hall. It might be a specific a period of time that accumulates into into a central battle at the guild hall for an objective. – Steven Sharif
Guild war mechanics
- A war declaration period.
- Objective based components.
- Victory and surrender conditions.
- Guilds may war multiple guilds/alliances at a time.
- Guild wars operate outside the PvP flagging system.
Forteresses de guilde
- Guild fortresses are objectives in guild wars. These are contested on a regular basis.
- The developers will decide if guild fortresses will be implemented in the game or shelved.
The fortress design is also something that might be on the shelf. We haven't decided yet. We're going to look into it, but the the idea behind the fortress is that this is a competitive kind of guild hall so to speak where you have to contend for it on a regular basis so to speak; or can be taken from you necessarily. Whereas the guild hall is a structure similar to freehold structure can only be taken through successful sieges against a node per-se are not taken but destroyed. – Steven Sharif
Châteaux de guilde
- Les guildes ont une période de temps pour monter de niveau afin d'assiéger ces châteaux.
- Ces châteaux seront très difficiles à prendre aux PNJs.
- Les nœuds de château seront absents autour de châteaux de PNJs.
- These benefits increase the longer a guild holds its castle.
There are levers and dials that are present to both the owners of Castles as well as the elected officials of Nodes that during their administration they have the ability to impact and influence the region around them. – Steven Sharif
- Levy taxes for the purposes of defense (additional to taxes already imposed by node governments).
- Activate events and abilities that benefit node citizens under their rule.
- Establish special relationships with Maires to help build up the three dedicated castle nodes.
- Unlock additional types of buildings in nodes.
- Exert control and pressure over one of the five economic regions.
- An active GM staff will be monitoring user-created content. Users who upload inappropriate content will place their accounts in jeopardy.
I know previously we had spoken about not allowing custom user images in the game, however I think we're leaning more now in the direction of allowing for custom user images. Absolutely well what it will be is the fact that we're a subscription game and if you want to jeopardize your account by doing the wrong thing with regards to custom users [images] then by all means you may do so and we'll have stringent practices in place to prevent that from actually being an issue. – Steven Sharif
With regards to this UCC question, I think when you have an active an active GM team that you know you are you have directed to care take the product you're going to mitigate a lot of that functionality you don't want to see out of this custom image system. People who look to let's say meme the system are going to be met with the type of enforcement that they don't want to have on their account; and being a subscription-based product and being a risk versus reward and maybe a more old-school approach to character development and progression I think they're gonna take a significant risk in doing things that we don't want them to do, which will result in the jeopardy of their account. So I think that is not going to deter a hundred percent of things- I don't think you ever can deter a hundred percent of things unless we go away from custom images- but I think that we can achieve some parity of essentially enforcement versus infraction ratio that's going to be liveable for everybody. – Steven Sharif
- Guild emblems.
- Armure attachments.
Guild hall skins
- Entrevue, 2019-04-21 (45:45).
- Podcast, 2018-08-18 (1:12:34).
- Direct, 2020-02-28 (1:06:51).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:54:15).
- Direct, 2017-05-22 (56:48).
- Direct, 2021-04-30 (1:14:12).
- Direct, 2017-05-19 (51:20).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (24:47).
- Direct, 2019-06-28 (1:27:23).
- Direct, 2018-09-27 (58:17).
- Direct, 2020-12-22 (1:08:41).
- Direct, 2020-12-22 (1:13:51).
- Direct, 2017-05-22 (52:01).
- Direct, 2017-05-15 (17:20).
- Direct, 2017-06-01 (35:42).
- Direct, 2017-07-28 (18:07).
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (21:55).
- Direct, 2020-08-28 (1:39:02).
- Direct, 2017-11-17 (49:30).
- Entrevue, 2018-05-11 (47:27).
- Podcast, 2017-05-05 (52:32).
- Direct, 2019-07-26 (1:05:28).
- Direct, 2017-05-17 (55:40).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-08 (48:30).
- Direct, 2018-10-31 (47:44).
- Entrevue, 2018-10-20 (3:35:54).