- Exploration is a huge part of the game and there are a lot of systems that are dedicated to rewarding exploration.. – Steven Sharif
- Utility skills exist that can help players discover hidden paths and entrances and may lead to discovering hidden quests.
- Certain relics can only be discovered through exploration.
- Constellations may only be seen at certain times at specific locations.
- It's widespread how exploration can affect many different progression paths within the game; and it's not just about visiting an area once and never coming back, because timing matters as well. – Steven Sharif
- Travel times are important in Verra, but it will be easy to get lost or distracted by threats and opportunities.
- It'll be easy for you to get lost in AoC. That is our goal from an exploration standpoint. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Since travel times are important, what is there to discover that will distract you from going straight to your initial destination? What makes traveling adventurous in Verra?
- A: Aside from threat and opportunity, which are probably the two biggest distractions that you can encounter while traveling through Verra- those come in different forms: Threat. in the form of monsters and events. Opportunities, in the forms of resources and POIs. There's also achievements that are based around exploration. There's treasure maps that can be found. There's a lot of different things that intersect with travel: The movement of resources. The storage of those resources. In which locations, what are available to be sold and purchased at different locations. They might make you detour for. All of those things contribute to why I would go somewhere and instead change my direction. – Steven Sharif
Chasse au Trésor
- Treasures (and treasure maps) will enable players to reap economic gains from exploration.
- The more treasure a player finds the better maps they can create.
- Hints are given through rumor mills, interaction with different PNJs, and gaining access to potential dig sites.
- Treasure hunting will be a "way of life" rather than a profession.
Major visual landmarks. You can look all the way across the horizon have an idea where you're going or where to meet friends or where to meet just based on these huge landmarks in the world. – Mat Broome
|From one end of a Métropole (organiser 6) node to the other||2.83 minutes||1.67 minutes|
|From the center of a node to the center of its direct neighbor||5 minutes||3.5 minutes|
|From the northernmost to southernmost points of a continent||75 minutes||50 minutes|
Nous allons garder la trace de l'histoire du monde afin de pouvoir raconter aux gens le récit jusqu'à ce jour. Un tout nouveau joueur, qui arrive après six mois, peut jeter un œil à chaque serveur, ce que chaque serveur a réalisé, comment le serveur a abordé l'intrigue ; et ils peuvent décider par eux-mêmes quelle communauté ils veulent rejoindre, à quelle version du monde ils veulent prendre part. – Jeffrey Bard
- Information about the world will be presented directly to players through the world map UI. Previously the Library was used to access information about the world, such as the history of significant narrative events, locations of gatherable resources, dungeons, and POIs.
- In the past we talked about having a library that was capable of facilitating players exchanging information for map data like that, but we've moved a little bit more in a direction of just presenting that information up front to the player, because travel is such a meaningful portion of the game and we don't have fast travel. So, I think that for Alpha-2 what's planned is that we're going to be showcasing the intricate details of services offered at these node locations from just a UI presentation standpoint within the map. – Steven Sharif
Players can use the Library to access information, including (but not limited to) the following:
Alpha-2 easter eggs
- Creative director Steven Sharif's sandal is present on a statue at the entrance to the Tower of Carphin dungeon.
- Creative director Steven Sharif's sandals are present as a painting in a freehold homestead.
- A missing poster featuring Trystan Snodgrass is present in the Alpha-2 Winstead node.
Alpha-1 easter eggs
- The Alpha island starting area quest giver Sergeant Landry is referred to as an "easter egg throwback to the original".
Alpha-0 easter eggs
Il pourrait peut-être exister une paire de sandales; une fois trouvées elle vous offrait un bonus ou un bénéfice majeur... Vous pourriez avoir besoin d'une compétence utilitaire pour les trouver.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse easter eggs
2022-06-08 2020-05-17 2017-10-24
- Direct, 2017-11-17 (36:22).
- Ashes of Creation wallpapers - April 2022.
- Direct, 2023-05-31 (1:09:04).
- Direct, 2023-02-24 (6:51).
- Direct, 2018-07-09 (1:00:00).
- Direct, 2022-10-28 (24:28).
- Direct, 2017-07-18 (53:52).
- Direct, 2018-05-04 (39:05).
- Direct, 2018-12-06 (40:46).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (36:43).
- Vidéo, 2017-09-04 (1:16).
- Direct, 2018-08-17 (10:01).
- Direct, 2022-08-26 (57:28).
- Direct, 2022-08-26 (53:26).
- Entrevue, 2018-04-20 (9:20).
- Blog: Know Your Nodes - Scientific Node Type
- Direct, 2023-09-29 (1:14:29).
- Vidéo, 2023-03-31 (21:51).
- Ashes of Creation Twitter, April 4,2021.
- Direct, 2020-05-29 (36:18).
- Vidéo, 2023-06-30 (19:56).
- Vidéo, 2023-08-31 (20:24).
- Vidéo, 2021-02-26 (11:03).
- Direct, 2021-03-26 (17:46).
- Direct, 2017-11-17 (17:34).
- Direct, 2017-12-15 (1:34:41).
- Direct, 2018-10-31 (45:01).