Players will be rewarded for exploring.
- Exploration is a huge part of the game and there are a lot of systems that are dedicated to rewarding exploration.. – Steven Sharif
- Utility skills exist that can help players discover hidden paths and entrances and may lead to discovering hidden quests.
- Certain relics can only be discovered through exploration.
- Constellations may only be seen at certain times at specific locations.
- It's widespread how exploration can affect many different progression paths within the game; and it's not just about visiting an area once and never coming back, because timing matters as well. – Steven Sharif
- Travel times are important in Verra, but it will be easy to get lost or distracted by threats and opportunities.
- Threats can come in the form of monsters, events, and Open-world PvP.
- Opportunities include resources (gathering, transporting, storing, and trading), points-of-interest, achievements, and treasures.
- It'll be easy for you to get lost in AoC. That is our goal from an exploration standpoint. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Since travel times are important, what is there to discover that will distract you from going straight to your initial destination? What makes traveling adventurous in Verra?
- A: Aside from threat and opportunity, which are probably the two biggest distractions that you can encounter while traveling through Verra- those come in different forms: Threat. in the form of monsters and events. Opportunities, in the forms of resources and POIs. There's also achievements that are based around exploration. There's treasure maps that can be found. There's a lot of different things that intersect with travel: The movement of resources. The storage of those resources. In which locations, what are available to be sold and purchased at different locations. They might make you detour for. All of those things contribute to why I would go somewhere and instead change my direction. – Steven Sharif
Chasse au Trésor
Chasse au Trésor is not exactly "cartography", but it does involve maps that help to pinpoint the location of hidden treasures throughout the world.
- Treasures (and treasure maps) will enable players to reap economic gains from exploration.
- The more treasure a player finds the better maps they can create.
- Hints are given through rumor mills, interaction with different PNJs, and gaining access to potential dig sites.
- Treasure hunting will be a "way of life" rather than a profession.
Treasures may also be obtained through fishing and by exploring naval content.
Le nom du monde d'Ashes of Creation est Verra.
Landmarks are scattered throughout the world, allowing players to judge their position on the map.
From a lore perspective these statues have been around for a long time; and they are representative of the civilizations that existed once on this world before. – Steven Sharif
Major visual landmarks. You can look all the way across the horizon have an idea where you're going or where to meet friends or where to meet just based on these huge landmarks in the world. – Mat Broome
|From one end of a Métropole (organiser 6) node to the other||2.83 minutes||1.67 minutes|
|From the center of a node to the center of its direct neighbor||5 minutes||3.5 minutes|
|From the northernmost to southernmost points of a continent||75 minutes||50 minutes|
L'histoire de chaque serveur sera suivie et visible par les joueurs.
Nous allons garder la trace de l'histoire du monde afin de pouvoir raconter aux gens le récit jusqu'à ce jour. Un tout nouveau joueur, qui arrive après six mois, peut jeter un œil à chaque serveur, ce que chaque serveur a réalisé, comment le serveur a abordé l'intrigue ; et ils peuvent décider par eux-mêmes quelle communauté ils veulent rejoindre, à quelle version du monde ils veulent prendre part. – Jeffrey Bard
At Village (organiser 3) the scientific node's unique building is the Bibliothèque. Players can use the Library to access information, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Historique de la page of narrative events and when they occurred.
- Locations and last known quantity of gatherable resources.
- As players report resource locations to their library, node citizens will see updated information for those resources on their map.
- Locations and inhabitants of new dungeons or POIs (points of Interest) that have spawned.
- Runic power stones for armor.
- Common armor and weapon recipes (level 25 and under).
Reports of information to the library may expire after a period of time (say one week). After which new reports will be required to update the existing information.
You'll get that shroud of war functionality for the week after a report but if it doesn't receive a follow-up report after that expiration period then it will not be updating real time. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-2 easter eggs
- Creative director Steven Sharif's sandal is present on a statue at the entrance to the Tower of Carphin dungeon.
Alpha-1 easter eggs
- Creative director Steven Sharif's portrait is present as a painting in-game.
- Creative director Steven Sharif's sandals are present as a painting in-game.
- The Alpha island map is present as an in-game map prop.
- The Alpha island starting area quest giver Sergeant Landry is referred to as an "easter egg throwback to the original".
Alpha-0 easter eggs
Il pourrait peut-être exister une paire de sandales; une fois trouvées elle vous offrait un bonus ou un bénéfice majeur... Vous pourriez avoir besoin d'une compétence utilitaire pour les trouver.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse easter eggs
There is a sandal out there. We will also have prizes and achievements for finding the sandal. – Steven Sharif
2022-06-08 2020-05-17 2017-10-24
- ↑ Direct, 2017-11-17 (36:22).
- ↑ Ashes of Creation wallpapers - April 2022.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Direct, 2023-05-31 (1:09:04).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 Direct, 2023-02-24 (6:51).
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Direct, 2018-07-09 (1:00:00).
- ↑ Direct, 2022-10-28 (24:28).
- ↑ Direct, 2017-07-18 (53:52).
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Direct, 2018-05-04 (39:05).
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Direct, 2018-12-06 (40:46).
- ↑ Podcast, 2021-04-11 (36:43).
- ↑ Vidéo, 2017-09-04 (1:16).
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 16.3 Direct, 2018-08-17 (10:01).
- ↑ Direct, 2022-08-26 (57:28).
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Direct, 2022-08-26 (53:26).
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 Entrevue, 2018-04-20 (9:20).
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 20.3 20.4 20.5 20.6 Blog: Know Your Nodes - Scientific Node Type
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 21.2 Podcast, 2021-04-11 (27:34).
- ↑ Vidéo, 2023-03-31 (21:51).
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 23.2 23.3 23.4 Ashes of Creation Twitter, April 4,2021.
- ↑ 24.0 24.1 24.2 Direct, 2020-05-29 (36:18).
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 Vidéo, 2021-02-26 (11:03).
- ↑ Direct, 2021-03-26 (17:46).
- ↑ Direct, 2017-11-17 (17:34).
- ↑ Direct, 2017-12-15 (1:34:41).
- ↑ Direct, 2018-10-31 (45:01).