L'Alpha-1 est une version de test de Ashes of Creation MMORPG. L'Alpha 1 testera:
- Le combat hybride action/ciblé .
- La progression jusqu'au niveau 20.
- 4 races jouables.
- L'éditeur de personnage.
- 8 archétypes de base.
- Une partie du housing.
- Une partie de l'artisanat/des classes d'artisans.
- Les nœuds posséderont toutes leurs fonctionnalités .
- Évolution des nœuds jusqu'a village (Palier 3).
- Il avait été annoncé précédement que ce serait jusqu'a ville (Stage 4).
- Une carte du monde de 120 km2.
- C'est égal à 25% de la surface totale du monde.
- Les Quêtes.
- Les organisations sociales.
- Les guildes.
- Les réservations de nom.
- La corruption.
- Les marchés.
- Le commerce entre joueurs.
- De deux à trois serveurs.
- Une population de 1 500 joueurs simultanés par serveur.
Il est possible que la sortie de l'Alpha-1 précède celle du mode horde d'Ashes of Creation Apocalypse.
- 1 Alpha-1 availability
- 2 Alpha-1 playtest schedule
- 3 Alpha-1 participation
- 4 Alpha-1 servers
- 5 Alpha-1 NDA
- 6 Alpha testing system requirements
- 7 Alpha-1 testing zone (Alpha island)
- 8 Castle sieges in Alpha-1
- 9 Alpha-1 player flagging/corruption
- 10 Alpha-1 PvE content
- 11 Alpha-1 name reservation
- 12 Two-factor authentication
- 13 Alpha-1 easter eggs
- 14 Testing phases
- 15 Alpha-1 videos
- 16 Alpha-1 screenshots
- 17 Voir également
- 18 Les références
Pre-order pack upgrades are possible for current pack holders for the difference in price. Upgrades to Kickstarter and Summer crowdfunding packs are also available in the store for the difference in package price.
- August 15, 2018 was the last day for purchases of Alpha-1 through Intrepid pre-order packs (History).
- August 13, 2021 was the last day for purchases of Alpha-1 through the Adventurer pre-order pack (History).
Alpha-1 playtest schedule
While we will have specific spot tests for certain systems as we develop them post the Alpha one month, it should be expected and understood that after this Alpha one month there will be probably a significant amount of downtime where there won't be spot testing as we kind of break apart a lot of systems, take what we learned from alpha one month and implement and iterate upon those learnings. So there's gonna be several months probably worth of significant downtime where there will not be access to spot testing, where we are going to go in and really rejigger a lot of systems – Steven Sharif
|Alpha-1||Alpha-1 early preview livestream.||March 27, 2020.|
|Alpha-1 limited QA testing (NDA).||May 28, 2020.|
|Alpha-1 preview pre-test 1 (NDA).||Dec 18 - Dec 21 2020.|
|Alpha-1 preview pre-test 2 (NDA).||Feb 19 - Feb 22 2021.|
|Alpha-1 preview intermittent spot testing (NDA).||Mar 19 - Jul 9 2021.|
|Alpha-1 preview weekend (no NDA).||July 9 - July 11 2021.|
|Alpha-1 (no NDA).||July 14 - August 15 2021.|
|Alpha-1 spot testing.||After August 15 2021.|
The term "alpha" is a tricky one, and it typically has 2 meanings in gaming. The development meaning for alpha is a point in the process where we are ready to test the fundamental systems in their core form, without polish and without much of the content. Then, there is the external or "marketing" term for alpha. This is typically applied to Eastern-ported MMORPGs, when in fact that is a completed game being localized for a region, and not really indicative of a true development alpha. As you may know by now, game development has many stages - from the initial tech demos to the pre-production and pre-alpha states, then on to the alphas and betas and eventually launch. – Steven Sharif
I want to make emphatically clear, our alphas and betas are true development alphas and betas, and some have said I am crazy to allow these phases to be seen without an NDA…maybe I am crazy? lol… But I am trusting the community of gamers out there to get a glimpse into the process, and understand the long road ahead for what will eventually be worth the wait. Given time and talent, amazing things can happen, so make sure you help us in communicating that we are in open development which means people get to see the bare bones before the meat. And look, I know people see our 4K footage and say, "This looks better than most released games!", but trust me when I say, you ain't seen nothin’ yet. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-1 testing goals
- Server deployment and performance testing
- Stress-test our server deployments and player concurrency numbers with high volumes of player activity and interactions.
- Stand up multiple world server deployments across different geographical regions.
- Soak test server grid health over a continuous period of production use.
- Evaluate current networking architecture, and identify non-performant code and areas for additional optimizations or refactoring.
- Test our build strategy and hot-fix deployment procedures, account services, web-based systems, launcher and patcher stability, and cloud-based infrastructure.
- System functionalities and behavior testing (in their core state)
- Node features (In their core state).
- Experience collection – The ability for nodes to collect and store accrued experience from players in their Zone d'influence and for this data to persist in a global hierarchy of the node matrix.
- Propagation – The ability for nodes to advance in stages, reflecting the appropriate advancements in the following: culture, layout, quest hooks, spawners, crafting and processing stations, PNJs, service buildings, merchant tables, prop placement, housing, citizenship, government systems (election, appointment, terms, admin interface) and taxes, |points of interest propagation and advancement, public projects, and parenting/vassal hierarchy.
- Player character systems (in their core state)
- Experience collection and persistence, experience debt, death effects, corruption and flagging, inventory systems, character paper doll and equipable items, property ownership and player storage, stats and waterfall derivatives, combat and ability systems, tab and action states, race and class selection and their customization, movement and character states, looting and party management systems.
- Ancillary systems (in their core state)
- Caravanes, drop, spawn, and reward table adaptations, player trading, mount and vehicle systems, raid and party functionality, guild progression and persistence, guild hierarchy, chat systems, customized AI behavior trees, boss functionality, harvesting prerequisites and procedural resource spawners, recipes and craft station systems, interactable containers and objects, global event manager, siege and battleground systems, open world traversal and dungeon design, quest and narrative dialogue setup.
The above is not a comprehensive list of everything being tested in Alpha One, but it hits the primary points. There are many other data metrics being collected for our approach to the content production pipelines, system definitions, and refactoring as well. Not to mention a plethora of technical art implications and optimizations, but you get the gist. This is a very fundamental test that will impact the direction of development post-Alpha One, so you can understand the importance of testing and its need for player participation, attention, and feedback. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-1 testing is available to the following participants:
- Anyone who won and claimed an Alpha-1 Key through a giveaway.
- Adventurer pre-order pack and Intrepid pre-order pack owners.
- Braver of worlds, Leader of men, Royalty, Hero of the people, and Avatar of the phoenix Kickstarter and summer campaign backers.
- Official content creators.
There were approximately 9,600 participants in Alpha-1 testing as of August, 2018.
- As of May 31, 2021, just under 5k additional participants have been added since Alpha-1 sales resumed. Less refunds and unclaimed codes, leaves a total of slightly over 13k testers.
- The weekend test of May 27, 2021 saw 5,300 unique logins over the 3 day period.
There were roughly 9600 if I recall A1 participants prior to my closing the preorder packs in 2018. Since opening them up again there have been just under 5k additional participants added. And prolly around 300 refunds give or take. Of the roughly 14,000 a1 testers, there are still about 1k unredeemed ks codes which leaves a little over 13k testers? The weekend test saw 5300 unique logins over the 3-day period. And I think discord flags stand around 4k roughly? – Steven Sharif
Alpha-1 servers are provisioned in the following regions.
- US East.
- US West.
- EU East.
- EU West.
Alpha-1 servers will support 1,500 concurrently connected users per server.
Alpha and Beta servers will be wiped prior to launch.
As a general rule, if the testing phase contains the word Alpha, it is safe to assume there will likely be wipes. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-1 testing prior to the full release of Alpha-1 was covered by NDA.
- NDA review and acceptance is done via the game client.
- The text and voice NDA was lifted from the PI QA testing phase on May 28, 2020.
- The verbal NDA was lifted from Alpha-1 preview testing, and future testing, on May 17, 2021.
- The NDA was lifted on July 9, 2021 for the three day Alpha-1 preview weekend test.
- The NDA was lifted on July 14, 2021 for Alpha-1.
We are extremely excited to invite folks to this glorious milestone of our development journey with NO NDA as we want everyone to be able to provide feedback unfiltered. During Alpha One testing, we'll be looking for your feedback specifically on the following things: download and installation process, client performance, and server performance.
Alpha testing system requirements
Configuration minimale requise pour l'Alpha-test de Ashes of Creation. Ces spécifications système n'ont pas été changées pour l'Unreal Engine 5.
- Système d'exploitation : Windows 10 64-Bit
- Processeur : Intel Core i3-2125 3.3GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 3.3GHz
- Carte graphique : Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 / AMD Radeon 6870 HD avec 1GB et DirectX 12
- Mémoire vive : 6 GB RAM
- Réseau : Connexion internet haut débit
- Stockage: 35 GB d'espace disque disponible
- Carte de son : Carte son compatible DirectX
- Système d'exploitation : Windows 10 64-Bit
- Processeur : Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz / AMD FX-9590 4.7GHz
- Carte graphique : Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 / AMD Radeon R9 Fury avec 4GB et DirectX 12
- Mémoire vive : 16 GB RAM
- Réseau : Connexion internet haut débit
- Stockage: 35 GB d'espace disque disponible
- Carte de son : Carte son compatible DirectX
Alpha-1 testing zone (Alpha island)
- Le biome des Riverlands abrite le portail divin des Aelan dans l'Alpha-2.
Castle sieges in Alpha-1
Alpha-1 castle sieges are based on Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges.
- Players will be able to join guilds. These guilds can register for the siege events.
- Castle siege events will be 100v100 battles that occur daily and will last for three hours.
- Attackers will start on the opposite end of the map (from the defenders).
- Attackers will be able to use trebuchets to drive to and assault the castle.
- When the attackers have breached the castle they will be able to channel a cast on the relic in the throne room to try to capture the castle from the defenders.
- The victors of castle sieges will receive benefits, such as cloaks, flying mounts for guild leaders and potentially also for guild officers.
- Alpha-1 castle sieges are in a separate zone that is accessible via a NPC teleporter.
- Currently the siege zone is actually in the open world, but separated by mountains and off in the sea a bit. There is actually no instancing in A1, although the siege zone will only be accessible in A1 through a registration NPC teleporter. – Steven Sharif
- This zone includes the following raid bosses.
- These bosses will also appear in the open-world (outside the siege zone) with slightly different mechanics.
- The opposing team is notified when these raid bosses are being attacked.
- Teams who get the last hit on these bosses will receive buffs that will help them in the siege battle.
Last year, I spoke of attempting to incorporate sieges into the Alpha One experience. This has obviously been a goal of mine because it provides considerable data and a consistent event within the world that players can participate in to help stress test the deployment. Well, I am happy to say that it is appearing more and more likely by the day! Initial implementation of the Apocalypse siege code has been migrated into the Alpha One client, and we should begin internal testing next month. I will caveat this expectation with the fact that we are cutting it a bit close from an internal QA standpoint, but I have some confidence that the system will be online and capable of inclusion for the Alpha One test in the month of June. The siege component will obviously not be representative of what the siege system will be at launch, or even in Alpha Two. – Steven Sharif
- Destructible structures (such as walls and gates) are present in Alpha-1 castle sieges.
- The ability to repair structures (and siege weapons) is a long term design goal that will not be present during Alpha-1.
Alpha-1 player flagging/corruption
La mise en place de la Corruption de joueur est attendue pour l'Alpha-1.
Alpha-1 PvE content
- There are over 200 quests in Alpha-1.
- Approximately 10 percent of the artisan system will be online in Alpha-1.
- There are approximately 49 unique gear sets obtainable in Alpha-1.
- These are unique sets with different stats, but some may be similar in appearance.
- There is no instancing in Alpha-1.
- Approximately 6 or 7 dungeons with one almost raid-level difficulty.
- Two world bosses requiring party-sized groups.
- One true 40 person raid boss.
- Alpha-1 castle sieges occur in a zone that is accessible via a NPC teleporter.
- This zone includes three Elder dragon raid bosses.
- These bosses will also appear in the open world outside the siege zone with slightly different mechanics.
There's over 200 quests in the game right now. There's a bunch of dungeons. We've retooled all of the boss fights. Those dragons that you see in the siege are also in the world- part of the open-world too. There will be a slightly different- there are some extra mechanics in the siege versions versus the ones that are in the world, but there's plenty of cool things to get on both of them, so make sure you check them out and hunt them down. – Jeffrey Bard
Artisan classes in Alpha-1
Classes artisanales (Collecte, Traitement, Artisanat) will come online fully in Alpha-2 and the Betas.
- Approximately 10 percent of the artisan system were online in Alpha-1.
- Crafting honestly will not come online in any sense of its true form until Alpha-2. Alpha-1 has essentially what are intended to be the core gameplay loop of crafting, meaning the collection of materials, the translation of those materials into processed goods, and the use of those processed goods into item acquisition. That's the core gameplay loop that is currently present in Alpha-1. But those are mostly facilitated kind of piggy backing the merchant systems right now and not actually using the real crafting system; and that's because crafting hasn't been completed in a form that can be implemented in Alpha-1, but will be for Alpha-2. What's present in Alpha-1 doesn't even really scratch the surface for crafting. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-1 name reservation
Name reservations were slated to begin during Alpha-1.
Token-based two-factor authentication (2FA) may be in place for Alpha-1.
Alpha-1 easter eggs
- Creative director Steven Sharif's portrait is present as a painting in-game.
- Creative director Steven Sharif's sandals are present as a painting in-game.
- The Alpha island map is present as an in-game map prop.
- The Alpha island starting area quest giver Sergeant Landry is referred to as an "easter egg throwback to the original".
Ashes of Creation testing phases.
- Alpha-0 was the invite-only "raffle" friends and family alpha test phase.
- Alpha-1, Alpha-2, Beta-1, and Beta-2 were available for purchase during the Kickstarter and Summer crowdfunding campaigns.
- Alpha-1 was available in the Intrepid pre-order pack and the Adventurer pre-order pack.
- Alpha-2 and Beta-2 were available during PAX West 2017.
- Alpha-2, Beta-1, and Beta-2 are currently available in Packs de précommande on the cosmetic store.
The game will be feature complete before Beta... Beta really is intended to identify last minute bugs to make sure that everything is ready for launch; it's important that all features are complete by Beta-1. Alpha-2 will not be feature complete at the start of Alpha-2. There are going to be updates that are going to be incorporated as part of the Alpha-2 process and there are going to be additional features that come online that get fleshed out between that time and Beta-1. There's going to be regions of the maps that aren't going to be accessible of course during Alpha-2. – Steven Sharif
- 2018-07-09 Video - Ashes of Creation - Alpha-1 Environment Preview
- 2018-09-27 Livestream
- 2018-10-31 Livestream
- 2018-12-13 Livestream
- 2019-01-11 Livestream
- 2019-07-16 Blog: Creative Director's Letter and Mayoral Caravan System
- 2020-03-23 Ashes of Creation - Alpha One Early Preview
- 2020-03-27 Development Update + Alpha One Early Preview Livestream
- 2020-04-30 Livestream
- 2020-05-29 Livestream
- 2020-05-31 Video - Pre-Alpha Gameplay in 4K
- 2020-06-26 Livestream
- 2020-07-25 Live AMA with Steven Sharif
- 2020-07-31 Livestream
- 2020-08-28 Livestream
- 2020-09-30 Livestream
- 2020-09-30 Video - 4K Footage of Aquatic Mounts
- 2020-10-30 Livestream
- 2020-11-01 Video - Alpha-1 Preview of the Cleric Archetype
- 2020-11-30 Livestream
- 2020-12-22 Livestream
- 2020-12-22 Video - 4K Alpha-1 Preview - Level 10 Boss Fight Footage
- 2020-12-23 Video - Alpha-1 Preview of the Mage Archetype
- 2021-01-29 Livestream
- 2021-02-01 Video - Tropical Biome in 4K - Alpha One Zones Preview
- 2021-02-09 Video - Alpha-1 Preview of the Tank Archetype
- 2021-02-26 Livestream
- 2021-02-26 Video - 4K - Alpha One Gameplay Update
- 2021-03-26 Livestream
- 2021-04-30 Livestream
- 2021-04-30 Video - 4K - Alpha One Raid Boss - April Update
- 2021-05-28 Livestream
- 2021-05-28 Video - Early Siege Gameplay in 4K
- 2021-06-13 Live AMA with Steven Sharif
- 2021-06-24 Livestream
- 2021-07-14 Guide to Alpha-1
- 2021-07-30 Livestream
- ↑ Direct, 2018-10-31 (22:46).
- ↑ Direct, 2018-10-31 (24:37).
- ↑ Vidéo, 2018-04-05 (1:01:40).
- ↑ Direct, 2019-07-26 (1:10:44).
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 Direct, 2018-09-01 (1:02:99).
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Entrevue, 2018-08-08 (18:55).
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Entrevue, 2018-08-08 (19:02).
- ↑ 10.0 10.1
- ↑ Direct, 2019-09-30 (1:09:04).
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Direct, 2021-04-30 (4:02).
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2 16.3
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 17.3 17.4 17.5 Ashes of Creation Store: May cosmetics.
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 18.3 18.4 Blog: Creative Director's Letter, April 14 2021
- ↑ Direct, 2021-05-28 (1:36:43).
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 Direct, 2021-07-30 (20:30).
- ↑ March 2020 newsletter.
- ↑ Vidéo, 2020-03-23 (0:01).
- ↑ 24.0 24.1
- ↑ Creative Director's Letter, 2020-04-1.
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 27.2 27.3 27.4 27.5 Blog: Creative Director's Letter, October 16 2020
- ↑ Direct, 2021-02-26 (14:58).
- ↑ Blog: Creative Director's Letter, January 2021.
- ↑ 30.00 30.01 30.02 30.03 30.04 30.05 30.06 30.07 30.08 30.09 30.10 30.11 30.12 30.13 30.14 30.15 30.16 Alpha One Schedule Update, May 10 2021.
- ↑ 31.0 31.1 An Update on Alpha One Schedule, March 12 2021
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 Ashes of Creation Twitter - Alpha-1 Preview Weekend Begins
- ↑ 36.0 36.1 36.2 36.3
- ↑ Direct, 2018-08-17 (24:07).
- ↑ 38.00 38.01 38.02 38.03 38.04 38.05 38.06 38.07 38.08 38.09 38.10 38.11 Alpha-1 screenshot.
- ↑ 39.0 39.1 39.2 39.3 39.4 39.5 39.6 Alpha-1 screenshot.
- ↑ Entrevue, 2020-07-19 (1:21:49).
- ↑ Alpha one test schedule, Mar 12, 2021.
- ↑ Direct, 2020-11-30 (7:27).
- ↑ 45.0 45.1
- ↑ 46.0 46.1 Direct, 2020-05-29 (31:37).
- ↑ 49.0 49.1 Guide to Alpha One.
- ↑ 50.0 50.1
- ↑ Direct, 2021-03-26 (12:34).
- ↑ 52.0 52.1 What are the minimum requirements for Alpha?
- ↑ Direct, 2021-12-23 (49:39).
- ↑ Direct, 2021-12-23 (42:09).
- ↑ Direct, 2022-05-27 (1:04:29).
- ↑ Vidéo, 2022-05-27 (3:46).
- ↑ Vidéo, 2021-05-28 (24:44).
- ↑ 58.0 58.1 58.2 58.3 58.4 58.5 58.6 58.7 58.8 Vidéo, 2021-04-30 (19:25).
- ↑ Vidéo, 2021-05-28 (19:04).
- ↑ 60.0 60.1 60.2 60.3 60.4 Vidéo, 2021-04-30 (13:02).
- ↑ 61.0 61.1 61.2 61.3
- ↑ 62.0 62.1 62.2 62.3 62.4 62.5 62.6 62.7 62.8 62.9 Direct, 2021-04-30 (41:18).
- ↑ 63.0 63.1 Podcast, 2021-04-11 (49:40).
- ↑ 64.0 64.1 Direct, 2021-05-28 (1:04:29).
- ↑ 65.0 65.1 65.2 Direct, 2021-03-26 (42:28).
- ↑ 66.0 66.1 66.2 66.3 Entrevue, 2021-02-07 (35:30).
- ↑ 67.0 67.1 67.2 Direct, 2021-03-26 (39:08).
- ↑ Entrevue, 2018-08-21 (40:44).
- ↑ 69.0 69.1 69.2 69.3 Ashes of Creation Twitter, April 4,2021.
- ↑ 70.0 70.1 Vidéo, 2021-02-26 (11:03).
- ↑ 71.0 71.1 Direct, 2020-05-29 (36:18).
- ↑ Direct, 2021-03-26 (17:46).
- ↑ 73.0 73.1 Kickstarter packages.
- ↑ MMOGAMES Interview, 2017-09-8.
- ↑ Intrepid pre-order pack.
- ↑ Adventurer pre-order pack.
- ↑ PAX West 2017 Alpha package.
- ↑ PAX West 2017 Beta package.
- ↑ Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- ↑ Direct, 2022-07-29 (1:08:49).