- Castle nodes exist outside of the node system. They are independent of anything that's happening outside in the world with other nodes shutting off certain nodes from progressing.
- Castle nodes do not have Citoyenneté, Zones of Influence, Propriété privée, Gouvernement de Nœud, or Organisations sociales.
- Castle nodes cannot exceed stage 3 (Village).
- Castle nodes are always military node types.
- Each of the dedicated castle nodes is barren at the start of the castle ownership period.
- The guild must develop those nodes to enhance the defenses of the castle.
- It will be possible, but very difficult for a single guild to fully develop these nodes. They will likely need assistance from the broader community.
Once the castle is owned by a guild that's when the supporting castle nodes start to come online and spawn each week prior to the fourth week castle siege. They'll have to form alliances, they'll have to get support, they'll have to get resources, they'll be able to allocate funds that have been collected through taxation in order to strengthen the defenses as well as hiring additional NPC mercenaries. – Steven Sharif
- Levelling castle nodes is a hastened process compared to regular nodes.
- At the end of each week leading up to a castle siege there is a period of time in the weekend where NPC generated caravans start moving toward one of the castle nodes carrying castle taxes from the nodes that fall under the castle's purview.
- During this time it is incumbent upon the owning guild, its allies, and citizens of the nodes to escort these caravans to the castle node.
- The enemies of the guild have incentive to attack these caravans to reap the rewards from the caravan and to sabotage the tax collection, which will reduce the defensive capability of the castle nodes and hence the castle itself.
- Citizens of nodes that fall under the purview of the castle are automatically registered as defenders of these caravans and may not participate in attacks against them.
- Completing these quests unlocks services and functions that are useful to the occupying guild and its allies as well as boosting the defenses the castle.
- Only members of the occupying guild are citizens of these nodes.
- This citizenship is different to normal node citizenship. Castle nodes don't operate like normal nodes.
Châteaux de guilde
- Les guildes ont une période de temps pour monter de niveau afin d'assiéger ces châteaux.
- Ces châteaux seront très difficiles à prendre aux PNJs.
- Les nœuds de château seront absents autour de châteaux de PNJs.
Benefits of guild castles
- These benefits increase the longer a guild holds its castle.
There are levers and dials that are present to both the owners of Castles as well as the elected officials of Nodes that during their administration they have the ability to impact and influence the region around them. – Steven Sharif
- Levy taxes for the purposes of defense (additional to taxes already imposed by node governments).
- Activate events and abilities that benefit node citizens under their rule.
- Establish special relationships with Maires to help build up the three dedicated castle nodes.
- Unlock additional types of buildings in nodes.
- Exert control and pressure over one of the five economic regions.
Siège de Château
- Sieges occur once a month within a server prime-time window.
- The minimum goal is for 250x250 players to be on a single battlefield. It is hoped that this can be increased to 500x500 over time.
Each week leading up to the siege week... is a week that's dedicated to one of the three castle dedicated nodes. So around the castle there are three nodes. They represent week, one, two, and three; and then the fourth week is the siege against the castle. Those can only be elevated up to stage three. We've discussed this in the past and there's definitely information out there on the community ran wiki. – Steven Sharif
- In the first three weeks that a guild occupies a castle they will need to level up each of their castle nodes to Village stage through questing.
- The fourth week is declaration week, where other guilds have the opportunity to lay down their declaration flag or to sign up as a defender of the castle.
- Depending on how well the guild defends their castle nodes results in better defenses for the castle.
- Different siege weaponry will grant the attackers the ability to destroy walls, doors and sections of the castle in order to gain access to the inner keep area.
- When castles change hands (following a siege), some taxes stay with the castle and some stay with the guild.
There will be benefits to attracting people... even if they're not in your guild or alliance – kind of a feudal like system, where you can attract other players who are just independent of this whole politic. They will have things to do there - benefits to receive - and there will be a reciprocal relationship between who you can attract, what they do for you; and how that benefits you and them. – Steven Sharif
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges
- Takes place in and around large destructible castles.
- Matches are expected to last thirty to thirty-five minutes. This duration can be modified by control points captured during the match.
- There will be 200 players in a match (100 v 100).
- Class kits come into play during the testing of Ashes of Creation Apocalypse castle sieges.
- The ability to host a session and challenge an opponent or guild may be present post-launch of castle siege mode.
The Castle Siege mode is another example of a playable slice of the MMORPG that Apocalypse is providing early testing for. While it’s a somewhat smaller scale experience than the one you’ll have in the MMO, the overall flow of taking and defending a castle will remain similar. There’s some additional systems you’ll see in the final product, like the influence of Nodes over the available defensive emplacements, the crafting and deploying of custom siege weapons, and the summoning of siege monsters. These are all things that we’ll be adding on top of this mode upon our release of Ashes of Creation. – Margaret Krohn
Salles de guilde
- Guild halls may be placed on guild freeholds or within nodes.
- Guild halls are objectives in guild wars.
- A guild hall only houses a single guild.
Guildhalls are the ultimate expression of a guild's power! In Ashes these structures will serve as focal points for a guild, offering any guilds who construct them a whole host of benefits as well as customization options.
Forteresses de guilde
- Guild fortresses are objectives in guild wars. These are contested on a regular basis.
- The developers will decide if guild fortresses designs will be shelved.
The fortress design is also something that might be on the shelf. We haven't decided yet. We're going to look into it, but the the idea behind the fortress is that this is a competitive kind of guild hall so to speak where you have to contend for it on a regular basis so to speak; or can be taken from you necessarily. Whereas the guild hall is a structure similar to freehold structure can only be taken through successful sieges against a node per-se are not taken but destroyed. – Steven Sharif
- These may only be granted if the castle nodes are successfully established prior to the siege.
- Node A grants 1 undermount, Node B grants 2 undermounts, and Node C grants 2 undermounts.
- This system is subject to change during testing.
Node layout and style
- L'emplacement du Nœud.
- Les Types de Nœuds.
- La Race qui a contribuée le plus à l'Avancement de Nœud.
- Le reste est déterminé par le maire du Nœud.
Tous les nœuds, qu'ils soient associés avec un château ou associés avec une structure de nœud normale, ont des influences culturelles qui se réplique sur les bâtiments qui sont produits et les PNJs qui sont présents. – Steven Sharif
Il y a de l'usure et cette usure sur l'expérience et l'influence augmente en fonction des performances d'une race dans le monde. Donc si tous les nœuds appartiennent aux orcs leur taux d'usure est très élevé pour rivaliser avec l'établissement d'autres cultures dans les nouveaux nœuds car ils ont plus d'influence dans le monde et l'opinion populaire est contre leur expansion dans les régions éloignées où ils n'ont pas assez d'influence. – Steven Sharif
- Blog: 10 facts about castle sieges in the MMORPG.
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (15:14).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (21:55).
- Direct, 2019-07-26 (1:29:00).
- Direct, 2020-08-28 (1:41:24).
- Direct, 2020-08-28 (1:39:02).
- Direct, 2017-08-23 (23:00).
- Direct, 2017-11-17 (49:30).
- Entrevue, 2018-05-11 (47:27).
- Podcast, 2017-05-05 (52:32).
- Direct, 2020-11-30 (20:40).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-29 (31:05).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-18 (13:13).
- Direct, 2020-08-28 (1:43:03).
- Vidéo, 2019-03-08 (0:00).
- Direct, 2019-10-31 (11:05).
- Direct, 2018-08-17 (30:29).
- Direct, 2018-09-01 (54:06).
- Castle Siege Overview.
- Entrevue, 2018-08-24 (13:17).
- Entrevue, 2018-08-17 (8:16).
- Entrevue, 2018-12-06 (38:10).
- Direct, 2017-07-28 (18:07).
- Entrevue, 2019-04-21 (45:45).
- Podcast, 2018-08-18 (1:12:34).
- Direct, 2020-02-28 (1:06:51).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:54:15).
- Direct, 2017-05-22 (56:48).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Ochre Legion Wyrmling.
- Entrevue, 2020-07-19 (1:05:41).
- Direct, 2019-07-26 (56:06).
- Direct, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- Direct, 2018-02-09 (33:50).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - The Basics.
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Direct, 2018-09-27 (53:06).
- Entrevue, 2018-05-11 (54:34).
- Direct, 2017-05-26 (21:23).
- Entrevue, 2018-05-11 (1:00:19).