Les quatres Ancient artifacts de Verra furent initialement découverts par King Atrax dans sa poursuite de la puissance de The Essence.  Ces artefacts étaient étroitement liés à The Essence sur Verra du fait de leur proximité avec les lignes telluriques d'Essence réparties à travers le monde.  Ces artefacts étaient historiquement à l'abris dans le coffre de Fallow's Hold, l'un des grands dungeons de Ashes of Creation, situé non loin de la capital de l'ancien Toren empire, Torall.
- Le Calice Doré étaient selon les croyances censé apporter la vie éternelle mais permettait en réalité à la corruption de manipuler The Essence pour pénétrer l'âme à travers l'acte d'y boire quelque chose. 
- La Couronne représentait le lien direct que The Ancients avait dans les pensées du King Atrax et qui leur permit de le manipuler. 
- L'Épée apporta un pouvoir inhabituel à travers la manipulation du coter mauvais de The Essence, c'est ainsi que le King Atrax pu maintenir sa domination sur son peuple : grâce à sa puissance physique, se résumant pour l'essentiel à frapper ceux qui s'opposaient à lui et son reigne.
- Le Baton permit au King Atrax de projeter sa magie sur de longues distances, sa puissance et sa manipulation s'étendait ainsi sur toutes les terres de Verra, lui permettant de garder sous surveillance l’ensemble de son royaume.
Les Reliques sont une forme de Succès pour un nœud qui se déverrouillent dans le temps. Elles permettent aux citoyens de nœuds de fabriquer certains Articles Légendaires et de progresser à l'intérieur de certaines Quêtes légendaires.
- Les Reliques sont placées dans un Reliquaire à l'intérieur d'un nœud .
- Un accès limité aux reliques contenues dans un reliquaire de nœud est accordé aux attaquants inscrits après qu'ils ont détruit avec succès ce nœud lors d'un Sièges de Nœuds.
The last ruling house of the Toren empire, which oversaw its downfall was the house of Atrax. King Atrax was actually its longest ruler, also its last ruler, and he was a very powerful and advanced wizard for his time. He dedicated the vast majority of his early rule to seeking out artifacts, knowledge, the focal points of essence; and he discovered its purpose as it becomes the manipulating matter behind exploiting magic for any means. He became obsessed with the pursuit of that knowledge as a very accomplished wizard and one of the ways he pursued that ever-longing learning was to try and achieve immortality; and in his pursuit of immortality he discovered that manipulating the life-force of a soul essentially is to greater increase your ability to focus the essence, because each person's soul acts as, in some way shape or form, a conduit of the essence across the plains. So that's essentially how the gods are capable of reaching into the material plane- one of the ways- is through the souls of their divine beings, which are the four great races and their descendants. In his pursuit of immortality he came across some more dark applications of the essence and in doing so- discovering these artifacts along the ley lines that are in Verra- he came into contact with forces that existed outside of the material plane in the void itself. Now these were unbeknownst to him The Ancients as well The Others and manipulating that contact. – Steven Sharif
King Atrax began to manipulate the essence in a way that was trying to capitalize on everlasting life, on immortality. So in doing so he came into contact with the ancients; and the Ancients took advantage of this- was their first contact with any of the divine races actually- and this is what led the Ancients to begin their pursuit of Verra: to start that process of the Harbingers eventually finding Verra and coming to the planet to pervert what the gods- the seven gods- had created through their second creation. Now the Ancients created this contact with Atrax through summoning rituals that Atrax had learned through manipulating the essence; and it was through these contact rituals that Atrax learned how to achieve immortality. But the Ancients were deceptive in actually not informing Atrax how this would deform his conduit, his soul essentially that exists with the Essence. So he underwent a process of essentially lichdom where he was the first lich and the first undead on Verra; and it was from him and his pursuit of immortality that undeath became a reality on Verra; and it was his subjects that suffered as a result of his desire to become immortal. So he began different rituals on his subjects, which allowed the undeath to propagate across the world in his population over time. So he would- before he became a lich he experimented on his citizens; and that's what really was the origin of the undead and this undead the Ancients- one of the unique things about the Ancients was in their first discovery of how they could use the Essence and what the Others taught them was they became immortal themselves. But they became immortal in a more pure form, essentially akin to the godhood that exists among the Pantheon; and that prohibited them from encompassing this undeath component. But they did not teach that to King Atrax. So that talks a little bit about the origins of the undeath on Verra and undeath in general. – Steven Sharif
- King Atrax was a powerful and advanced wizard for his time who dedicated the majority of his rule to seeking out artifacts, knowledge, the focal points of The Essence. He discovered its purpose, manipulating matter and exploiting magic for any means.
- His goal was to achieve immortality; and in this pursuit he discovered that manipulating the life-force of a soul essentially increases one's ability to focus the Essence, as each person's soul acts as a conduit of the essence across the planes of existence.
- In his pursuit of immortality he came across other dark applications of the Essence and in doing so he came into contact with forces that existed outside of the material plane: in The Void itself. Unbeknownst to him these were The Ancients and The Others who began manipulating that contact through summoning rituals that Atrax had learned in his studies of the Essence.
- Through his summoning rituals Atrax finally learned how to achieve immortality. But the Ancients were deceptive in actually not informing him how this would deform his conduit (his soul) that exists with the Essence. Atrax eventually underwent a process of becoming first Lich and first undead on Verra.
- It was from this pursuit of immortality that undeath became a reality on Verra: Atrax had begun different rituals on his subjects, which allowed the undeath to propagate across the world, causing suffering amongst his subjects.
- The Ancients had previously learned from The Others how to use the Essence to achieve immortality themselves. Unlike Atrax, they became immortal in a pure form, more akin to the godhood that exists among the Pantheon, which prohibited them from encompassing this undeath component themselves. This pure form of immortality was not taught to King Atrax.
- After his lichdom was achieved Atrax continued to enslave his undead subjects, having them procure ancient artifacts from around the world so that he could further pursue his manipulation of the Essence and magic.
- Following The Great War of the Undying with King Atrax, the Aelan people would form the Aelan Empire.
- Fallow's Hold was commissioned by King Atrax and built by the master builders of the Dünzenkell dwarves with whom he was affiliated.
- Fallow's Hold was originally built as a great vault to house powerful ancient artifacts that were procured from around the world by Atrax's undead slaves so that he could further pursue his manipulation of The Essence and magic.
- Fallow's hold is a very dangerous dungeon with many constantly changing traps.
The ancient civilization of the Torren empire and their capital city of Torall, which houses one of the great dungeons of Ashes of Creation; which is the Fallow's Hold. Fallow's Hold is essentially where many of the artifacts that had a close alignment to the Essence on Verra because of their proximity to these ley lines and these sites that exist throughout the world: They were all brought here to King Atrax even after his lichdom was achieved, because he continued to enslave his subjects, the undead essentially, to procure these artifacts from around the world so that he can continue even in his immortality to learn about the use of Essence and magic and manipulation of it; and he constructed a great vault here through his affiliation with the master builders essentially of the Dünzenkell dwarves to create a massive complex underground from the city of the capital of Torall. Now Fallows hold is a very dangerous dungeon and there are constantly changing traps that exist. – Steven Sharif
The ancient capital city of Torall... was the center of one of the greatest and first civilizations of Verra. This was actually a very rare civilization known as the Toren empire. The Torens were essentially half elves. They were a mixture of what was once the predecessor to the Aelan kingdom- the humans, and the Pyrian elves. – Steven Sharif
- The Torens were half-elves: A mixture of what was once the predecessor to the Aelan kingdom- the humans, and the Pyrian elves.
- King Atrax was the last and longest serving ruler of the Toren empire.
- Artifact items are (currently) timed items that may be downgraded to non-artifact status after a time period expires. This may be changed based on testing during the late stages of Alpha-2.
- Q: If a player collects a one-per-server item but stops paying their subscription, or quits playing the game, will they get to keep the item until they return?
- A: It depends on the item. If we're talking about artifacts, those will likely be timed. There are some ideas that we have around whether or not artifacts get to stay with the character or get downgraded from an artifact status if they were to, let's say, not log-in after a period of time, or if that time period goes away; but it's something we're going to be testing as part of... near the later stages of Alpha 2. But right now, artifacts are timed. – Steven Sharif
List of artifact items
- None -
- Direct, 2020-11-30 (52:56).
- Direct, 2020-11-08 (15:01).
- Direct, 2020-11-08 (00:49).
- Direct, 2020-11-08 (07:58).
- Entrevue, 2020-07-18 (56:11).
- Direct, 2017-05-10 (28:09).
- Direct, 2017-05-12 (49:50).
- Direct, 2018-02-09 (29:26).
- A glorious staff of the Ancients.
- Direct, 2020-11-08 (05:31).
- Vidéo, 2023-03-31 (12:19).
- Direct, 2018-11-03 (0:05:24).
- Direct, 2020-11-08 (04:57).
- Podcast, 2023-12-03 (11:28).
- Direct, 2023-12-19 (1:47:10).